Smurphy

In Need Of Some Help?

Hello Everyone!:helpsmili

Im sorry if this isnt the right forum to ask somehthing like this but here i go...

Im seriously overwelmed my the amount of different guitar to choose from i have no idea what 1 to choose, i really enjoy rock music and want to start playing my own stuff.

im really into quality guitar music such as Joe satriani , iron maiden and just about n e thing with a good Riff. :guitardude:

So i ask u all for advise to please help me in choosing a good guitar hope to hear from you soon ... :winkthumb:

.... Joe .....

P.s If this helps im willing to spend £100 to £200 in total on the amp and the guitar! Thank U

So that is 372 bucks. U.S. Your best bet is to go to music stores and try as many as you can and then tell us what your choices are in your price range. There should be lots of 70s and 80s metal pointy guitars on Ebay too. You could look at deans too. You might find one in that price range.

Hey its joe again

im thinking of getting the Ibanez GRX 140 or possibly a BC Rich Mocking bird Bronze series.

Hi Smurphy

I was in the same situation as you. I bought a jackson dinky as a starter guitar.

this thing is amazing it has low action (not to low) locking trem all the right pick-ups etc. its good for the satriani wobble or what ever you call it? and maiden songs etc, Phantom of the opera being my favourite.I myself have just started learning I have a LONG way to go but all in all its a great guitar.

As the owner of 3 bc rich guitars i could tell you they definetly rock. But if yor just starting out i would suggest staying away from a floyd rose bridge. (not all bronze series had them but most did). They can be very frustrating until you get used to them. Even a lot of experienced guitar players get frustrated.

On that budget I`d suggest a Yamaha - something like their Pacifica 112 - yamaha turn out consistently good guitars for pretty good prices. Might not be pointy enough for the average metalhead, but has a bridge humbucker for a bit of bite.

As for an amp - Roland cubes are pretty good for the money and have a good range of sounds (I use the 60w for most of what I do now - very good for a modelling amp) - The 15w version should be within your budget with the above guitar.

I`ve never tried one but the marshall mg series are quite well regarded too at this level

I would avoid a "starter kit" - the amps that come with these are usually dire and would make anybody sound bad.

Will