Kev72

Fender Strat or a different guitar?

Hello,

I'm currently playing a 1984 mint green Fender Stratocaster that my Wife's uncle lent me. I love this sound of this guitar. My muisic style varies I like Hard rock, Southern Rock, Metal, I'd even likr to start listening to classical and blues. Is this the best guitar for me? He wants $600 for it. Does that sound like a good deal?

My question is Fender on of the more verstile guitars avaliable?

Thanks

I have seen those go for 3 or 4 times that value so if it plays well and you like it I would not bother looking to far.

For versatility I have found that the AMP plays a bigger part in the sound more often than not so you will not go far wrong with a Strat

It's an extremely versatile guitar that be played well in just about any genre.

If it's in good condition and plays well for me, I'd give it serious consideration. You can get new standard strats for less, but if this one works for you, I agree that you may not need to look any further.

Jim

Sounds like a bargain especially if you like it-tones can come from amps and FX devices too so -in short -yes a strat is a very nice versatle guitar.

Go and play other guitars in the 600 buck price range just to be sure but, it sounds like this axe talks to you so it sounds like your best bet.

I love strats, and I am completely biased in this answer, but yes, go for it!

The best thing you can replace on these can be the pickups(if unhappy), and there are some very good options there to keep the single coil character but without the buzz. I have the Kinman vintage blues set in mine, and they turned a good guitar into a great one. there are some other good choices around too, such as Lindy Fralin or Bartolini.

And the amp is a vital component to the tone. it is the 'other half' of the instrument.