Father Goose

Midnight Tango (Al Di Meola cover)

Long time no post.... :)

Heres a cover of Midnight Tango. Obviously I'm just average. So i just skip those fast tuns & outro. :D

You did this very well.  I'm not familiar with the original recording, so I can't compare the two, but this sounds good.

Hi RB! How're you doing?

Thx for the listen. I love Al Di Meola's early works. You should give him a listen.

This cover? Heheheh... phrasing out the door, sour notes, timing off :P

• Like 1

I came to love Al di Meola's playing, first when he was in Return To Forever, then as a member of Go, and finally as a solo artist.  His technical expertise is astounding!

I give you kudos for learning and posting your work here.  I try (and usually fail) to emulate some of my favorite guitar players.  Attempting Al di Meola -- especially here -- I find exceptionally daunting!

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 11:39 PM, oldstrummer said:

I came to love Al di Meola's playing, first when he was in Return To Forever, then as a member of Go, and finally as a solo artist.  His technical expertise is astounding!

I give you kudos for learning and posting your work here.  I try (and usually fail) to emulate some of my favorite guitar players.  Attempting Al di Meola -- especially here -- I find exceptionally daunting!

Electric Rendezvous. That was how I was introduced to Al Di. Funny that I was attracted to its album cover and bought it on a whim. Didnt know who Al Di was at that time! Blew me away . He picks EVERY SINGLE THING and his speed and accuracy, WOW.

Well. Midnight Tango is the "easiest" lols. Picked it up by ear at first but had to rely on tabs esp for the fast runs (and I still cldnt nail it).

I tried Ritmo De La Noche etc. too but only managed the intro :P

Thanks for  giving this a listen. You should try it sometime :)

Very well done. Great playing.