Rav1234

Instrumental Rock composition Lydian mode

Hi. I started playing guitar when I was 16 but lost interest for many years. I've now started again and recorded my first song about a month ago.   The composition is inspired by the lydian mode hence the title..which I used in the introduction.   Any  constructive feedback would be welcomed...Please click on the link......and thank you for taking the time to listen..It means alot to me. 

https://youtu.be/gGbZU2W1rYM                      

Well, I don't hear well anymore, but what I heard sounded like you were playing effects instead of guitar.  I have a hard time identifying pitches and all the effects had the effect of masking any melody or scales.  My feedback would be to make your guitar the focus instead of effects.  And keep playing and recording.

Hi RockerBob. Yes.. I think my lack of experience with effects sometimes masked the notes and made it messy.  I will keep working on it...Thank you for feedback...its appreciated and also thank you for taking the time to listen.   :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rav1234 said:

Hi RockerBob. Yes.. I think my lack of experience with effects sometimes masked the notes and made it messy.  I will keep working on it...Thank you for feedback...its appreciated and also thank you for taking the time to listen.   :)

Been there, done that.  I have had many effects units from the past 45 years.  As I got older I slowly quit using effects except some tube amp overdrive.  Every once in a while I'll use echo, but never more than one repeat, and in time with the song tempo.  I have old, all tube, Fender and Ampeg amps.  In the studio I can also use 2 guitar processors with every effect I've ever wanted, and then some.  I also quit using too much reverb on vocals.  Weaning myself off too much effects was a slow process.

Hi. Again thanks for feedback. You certainly have a lot of knowledge.   In the instrumental I use delay and distortion and wah pedal in a small section of the song..I'm not sure I could give those effects up...but who knows....I guess it's just down to personal preference, taste and the type of music.   Again thanks for your advice ..... I've checked out one of your tunes in another section...really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rav1234 said:

Hi. Again thanks for feedback. You certainly have a lot of knowledge.   In the instrumental I use delay and distortion and wah pedal in a small section of the song..I'm not sure I could give those effects up...but who knows....I guess it's just down to personal preference, taste and the type of music.   Again thanks for your advice ..... I've checked out one of your tunes in another section...really enjoyed it.

Thanks for listening to some of my music.  Yes, it is down to style and taste.  If you're lucky you will find an audience that likes what you play, but I have discovered its not always easy to find an audience.