stioc

What's a good way to record and quickly replay for learning purposes? a looper?

Hey guys, I'm a total noob (well a couple of months of messing around with the guitar). I've been recording and replaying using my smart phone and even the ipad but was wondering if there was a better more effortless way where I don't have to unlock the screen, mess around to find the last recorded file and then play it. I recently came across something called a pedal/looper (I'm a noob afterall) would this make a good tool for what I want to do? Also doing some research came across the Zoom H1 recorder and some cheap knock offs...is this what I need instead?

I have an acoustic guitar (though thinking of picking up an electric too so I can practice at night with just the headphones on).

Appreciate any feedback.

It just occurred to me that a looper will only record the guitar whereas a recorder like the Zoom H1 will record the vocals too (which is currently really difficult for me to singalong and I need to practice) so I guess that answers my question lol. Now the search for an inexpensive recorder gizmo, I found this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y473NKZ looks to be pretty decent for $30. Thoughts?

On 11/10/2017 at 2:59 AM, stioc said:

Hey guys, I'm a total noob (well a couple of months of messing around with the guitar). I've been recording and replaying using my smart phone and even the ipad but was wondering if there was a better more effortless way where I don't have to unlock the screen, mess around to find the last recorded file and then play it. I recently came across something called a pedal/looper (I'm a noob afterall) would this make a good tool for what I want to do? Also doing some research came across the Zoom H1 recorder and some cheap knock offs...is this what I need instead?

I have an acoustic guitar (though thinking of picking up an electric too so I can practice at night with just the headphones on).

Appreciate any feedback.

No idea if you'll ever read this but I bought a TC Ditto Looper (cost was $160), a dynamic microphone (Shure SM57 - >$200) and ran the lot through a Vox AC4TV ($320).  Cables, etc was another $100 but they did help me as instructional tools.  I'm mostly an at home player.