TiagoFigueiredo

Easy recording software

Good afternoon to all and a great week to everybody. Tks for reading my topic, i hope i am in the right section.

I would like to gather some opinions for the more experienced people as alot of people suggesting recording myself as i practise, i would like to know if anybody can recommend a good and easy piece of software that i can install in my PC that will allow me with a SINGLE KEY PUSH to record some of my guitar playing.

i dont mind if it has to stay open in the systray :) just looking to ease all the process

Alll opinions are very welcomed :)

Tks

Hello,

I use Audacity.

It is a free program and open source which means it is always being improved.

It has it's own website where you can find solutions and techniques for recording and also share recordings with other people.

It is very easy to use. One button record, just press "R". One button stop, just press the space bar.

It is fairly versatile and it does a good job. It also has a lot of editing and effect capabilities if one is so inclined.

I have been using it for about 6 years and have no desire to buy some fancy program that takes an engineering degree to learn how to use.

You can spend an hour or so with Audacity and have a fairly good grasp of it's functions.

The latest version, 2.1.0 was just released. I have been using it for about a week and it seems to be a good one.

Hello there,

You might want to check out Reaper. Also free and open source.

Lots of good programs out there, good luck with your choice.

SOunds good to me, im looking for something that can always be active in the systray.

Does audacity allows to do that or do i have to open it everytime ?

Well, I am not a computer guy so I don't know what being active in the systray means.

Still not sure.........sort of sounds like my dinner walking around on my tv tray. :isaynothing:

Anyway.........when I boot up for a recording attempt, and I emphasize attempt, I click

on the Audacity shortcut on my desktop and the program opens. If I stop using it for a bit

I minimize the window and it resides at the bottom of my screen and all I do then is click

on it and it opens up ready to go.

I know that probably doesn't help but I am an old guy using a computer.

If I don't blow it up it has been a good day.

I have recently acquired the Focusrite Scarlett Solo device and after deciphering the sound engineering jargon I am slowly but surely finding my way around it and doing some home recording.

I would highly recommend it.

Yep, so basically what im looking for is a software i can press a button, or two everytime the computer is ON and make it record right away. Thats all it boils down to

The quickest and easiest is to use your phone recorder.

I do that all the time to record riff/song ideas.

I use Sonar for full-on recording.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

I am a Sonar user as well but that is probably way more than what OP is looking for.  It somewhat also depends on what you (OP) want to ultimately do.  If you just want to record ideas as they occur then the phone recorder is probably good.  If you are planning on creating something more complex (perhaps with multiple instruments on different tracks) then the other suggestions should be looked into.  Also depends on what you are willing to spend (as always).  Hope that helps.

Sadly, I cannot tell you easy software for recording.  I suspect the built in audio recording app is the easiest, but they do the least.  I'm pretty sure Windows and Mac come with something, but I can't remember what they are. 

Audacity was free the last time I looked.  It provides pretty good functionality without being extremely complex.  It is not a 1 click record.  Get a hardware recorder for that level of easy to use.

I use Digital Performer with plugins from Waves, Antares, iZotope, and others.  I took the road less traveled down the rabbit hole, mixed my metaphor, and recorded lots of little bits. 

This image is a screen scrape of the virtual mixer for a current project.  Sometimes things get out of hand.

Mixer-Knife.jpg

Audacity is an excellent software, and it allows for exporting to various formats (MP3, WAV, etc). Generally WAV is a better format for importing your recordings into post processing software.

Wavepad Sound Editor is also a good choice, but it has a limited trial I believe.