Here's my new toy. Slim body with pickups. I think it goes for $100 retail, however, I got it at a truck stop (since it's my only real option) so it was a bit overpriced. Oh well. It's a Kona K2SB. It sounds great unplugged. Came with two pickguards, one of which I already installed but it isn't in the pic.

post-103649-0-99756200-1372288488.jpg

Country/rock, depending on mood, however, kinda quit when I was just really learning the chords and chord transitioning...after a year of no guitar, gonna have to relearn a lot.

Any guitar you play a lot is a good guitar and that looks like it's pretty cool. Keep it in the truck and when you have a break, even just for 10 minutes at a time you'll hear fast improvement. Try not to drive and play at the same time! cheers and good tunes. :claping:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Cara
      Hi Everyone, 

I am about to buy my first guitar and have narrowed down my choices to a few select instruments. I am a bit of a waffler when it comes to things in general and as it turns out guitar is no different  
      Specifically, I have narrowed my preferences to Yamaha's FS800 or FS820 vs FSX800c. I am also considering the APX600 in lieu of the FSX800c, but I have not been able to find any good side by side comparisons of the FSX800c vs. APX600 online. All of these would be new or like new instruments. 

The other alternative I have is to buy a used guitar, that's in good condition for about $50, the Indiana Scout V-S similar to here: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/indiana-scout-full-size-dreadnought-guitar?a=474661 

The most important factors to me are: 

1) sound and ease of playing/handling the instrument
      2) cost - I am mindful of the fact that I will need to purchase a hard case, strap and picks (hoping to use a smartphone tuner).

Right now there are some really good deals on the Yamahas and I am torn between spending an extra $155 (over the Indiana Scout) to get set up with a brand new FS800 and accessories or go with the cheap option and see how I like playing the guitar. The advantages of the FS800 is that it is a slightly smaller and more comfortable to handle guitar. For a slightly ($60-70) higher price over the FS800, I can get the FSX or APX which would allow me to do both acoustic and electric. I am unlikely to need the electric for some time as I am just a beginner, but eventually, I think it might be fun to record myself and think about performing. If I stick with learning the guitar, I can definitely see myself doing both of those things. The main reason why I wouldn't stick with it would be that I am not crazy about the feel of plucking guitar strings (I understand about picks and sliders but even pressing down on the strings hurts my fingers, hopefully, I have just not figured out how to do that correctly yet and it will go away).

To summarize my questions: 
      1) Should I go with an acoustic or acoustic-electric? 
      2) If acoustic-electric should I go with the APX600 or the FSX800c?
      3) If with acoustic should I dish out an extra $155 to get a brand new set up with the FS800 or FS820 or is it best to start with an older, used, more average model and go with the Indiana Scout? I will probably have to pay around $55 to get the Scout set up and tuned, which would bring the cost closer to $105 and the hard case and strap and picks which I would still need for the Scout would likely be another $70 or so which would be just $30 shy of what I would pay to get a new FS800 setup including hard case, strap and picks. 
      4) Can I expect that the sound of an older, tuned Scout will be "good enough" for me as a beginner or would the brand new Yamaha sound significantly better? 

Answers to any or all of these questions would be much appreciated!
    • By popster
      As an old guy who is 50 years old, I finally decided on a hobby and it's the guitar.  

I ordered the cheapest electric guitar beginner set on Amazon.

If I stick with this consistently for 6 months, I will invest in good equipment.

Well, it's been 9 months, I spend an hour each day; 5 days a week practicing guitar.

Now, I'm in the process of upgrading to a semi-hollow or hollow body guitar.

I admit that I'm an incredibly slow learner and youtube.com guitar lessons drive me nuts.

I started a subscription to guitartricks.com and the introductory lessons are really slow;  to my liking.

Since I have a million questions about equipment, I'll hold off because there are other areas to post those questions.

But, I'd like to network with other beginner guitarists (less than 6 months experience) in the Washington D.C. metro area (Rockville, MD).

If anybody can give advice on how to meet other beginner guitarists, then I welcome your advice.

My girlfriend hates going to Guitar Center with me and doesn't practice her acoustic guitar so it would be nice to meet others with similar interests.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Wish me luck.

popster 

• By texred
      Looking for a low end solid body with humbuckers, set in neck, coil splitter, stuff

• By Y_SO_Acoustic
      hi guys, This is my first YouTube cover. We need your unbiased feedback. view here

• By trevxmusic
      Hello! I'm Trevor, I'm 19 and I've been involved in a lot of projects and jam sessions growing up with my friends. I've only focused on vocals for 4-5 years and I've kind of just gotten tired of it. I want to actually learn an instrument and a note system that I can directly understand and make use of for many types of genres not being restricted by a vocal range. 

The situation right now is that I don't own a guitar with more than 3 strings and it will take a few weeks in order to get one and I had questions based on what I can start trying to learn now while I'm waiting to get my hands on a working guitar. As the years go by and I get more skilled, I'd like to focus mainly on Math Rock, similar to artists like CHON and Via Luna. I specify this because I love the emotion that can be given simply from instrumental music and it has a big factor in my self development. So here are my questions;

1. Based on where I want to take my guitar playing, what type of guitar should I look to purchase, an acoustic, or electric?

2. What topics should I look up and study before I obtain a working guitar, I have a 3 string acoustic that I can use as a reference for notes, etc.? Stuff that I can write down and study every day like music theory, but wanted to know if there is more than that.

3. I am avoiding physical lessons, so when I have a guitar, who would you guys recommend for beginners wanting to pursue in more technical finger tapping riffs, or if I should start and learn the basics before branching off into that?

Thank You! (: