nagukush

Realtek Ac97 Audio ????

I have the Realtek sound chip on my mother board and it is very noisy when recording with a microphone. It seams to pick up the electronic static interference and little can be done to remove it. I have tried filtering the recordings but ended up with a muffled result in eradicating all the interference. I finally solved the probelm by install a dedicated sound card, a Creative Audigy to be exact. No problems with interference now.

What are you using as an adpter to plug your mic into the sound card with? Knowing this I may have some suggestions, but the background hissing sounds like an impedance problem.

Maybe I can help,

Robynne

What are you using as an adpter to plug your mic into the sound card with? Knowing this I may have some suggestions, but the background hissing sounds like an impedance problem. Also, you might try "Total Recorder", as it's free it's worth it anyway. It shows the volume level of what's going into the sound card and you can edit just about ever sound file you want. Don't try it with midi files though, it will crash your computer. Also remember that a .mp3 is a compressed file like a .jpg in graphics. I would also try to record it as a .wav file as it is not compressed and makes a purer recording.

Maybe I can help,

Robynne

What are you using as an adpter to plug your mic into the sound card with? Knowing this I may have some suggestions, but the background hissing sounds like an impedance problem.

Maybe I can help,

Robynne

Hi Robynne

I hope everythings fine there, Buddy ! :)

Thank you so much for caring :) , Actually my setup goes like this (its not a great one though :oops: :oops: :oops: )

Shure SM57 ----> Pre-Amp* ----->Line-In of my inbuilt Soundcard---->Audacity for recording

* http://ahujaradios.com/product1234.asp?cat=MMX-50, as I dont have any other option being in India.

Kindly advice, Its so nice of you :) :) :) :) Should a better soundcard solve the Impedence problem (sorry if I'm wrong, I've no idea of this stuff, but I'd love to make a good recording)

Kindest regds

Kush

Hi All

The recording I've attached is the one I've recorded via my SHURE SM97. No even when I'm using a good mic, my recording results are awfull:helpsmili .

I'm using my on-board Sound-Card which says "Realtek Ac97 Audio" in the Device (in my software) is Realtek Ac97 Audio a good enough Sound Device. Is Sound card my problem ???

Please advice I'm very confused and I dont know what to do next.

Warmest Regds and Care

Kush

I have the same sound card I'm doing well with realtime effect and recording and I don't know what can be the problem.

I'm by no means an expert, but I do use audacity and the same card as you do, I find the biggest help in my recordings in to adjust the input level way down low then gradually thru trail and error bring it up until I'm satisfied, another thing is mic placement, try different locations until you find that sweet spot. Just my thoughts, some of the more experienced will surely fill you in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks tsidewinder for the link might just check out the differences myself:winkthumb: