Ian McAllister

BIG problems with Reaper

Last night I recorded a little sketch of something. Today I started to write a song around it and recorded a longer, structured version. After a while, Reaper stopped working. It also told me my ASIO soundcard wasn't connected, and Windows told me that the program had to close.

I was using multiple VSTis but all the settings were the same as last night.

When I rendered the recording to mp3 it sounded terrible. Listen and you'll see what I mean. 'jazzy jim' is the one from last night. Funnily enough the latest one sounds a lot better if I play it with Windows Media Player as opposed to Winamp, Jet Audio, VLC or CoolEdit.

Can anyone help? I can't even get Reaper to play the file now.

Ian

:brickwall:

jimmy22.mp3

jazzy jim.mp3

Hi, I believe I'm using the latest version of Reaper, I reinstalled today, and I'm using a desktop that looks like a laptop; Samsung Sens G25. Check out the pic.

6686.attach

I have a similar problem at times but only when I use my laptop. Before I give you a bad answer maybe you chat with the guys from reaper.

Pipe and the guys will try the best to give you a fast solution and succeed most of the times.

Here's the link

Enter a nickname

Thanks, I'm on it...now the computer isn't recognizing the KB37!! Oh life couldn't get any better!

Ian

I take it the KB37 is your ASIO soundcard and guitar input... try uninstalling and reinstalling there drivers ( after checking for loose connections,of course).

Seems to me this is where you'll find a fix and Reaper would work well again

It's working again, the drivers reinstalled themselves, then took over the computer for a while. I hate rebooting, with Vista it's taking about 20 minutes! The project I did still won't open, could there be anything there that I should consider?

Thanks raybaro and OldG, oh and allthumbs, good luck with the cooking.

Ian:winkthumb:

Ian, there are things that you can do to modify your laptop so that runs better in your studio. Some of these things are things such as modifying the settings. Changing fonts, disabling camera, etc etc .

As I said raybaro, it looks loke a laptop, but it's not. It doesn't, for example, have a battery, or a camera. It has a 19" screen and 2Ghz processor, 1Gb RAM and a 320Gb HD I bought it when I was coming to China from Korea, and all the stuff that you see in the pic fitted into a suitcase, which is amazing when you think about it. I wasn't able to bring a lot of clothes with me though...:rolleyes: