__tsidewinder__

Do you fingerpick or flatpick?

Do you fingerpick or flatpick or other?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you fingerpick or flatpick or other?

• Fingerpick
    • Flatpick
    • Both
    • Hybrid pick
    • Other

Well, I am a beginner, so I am trying all three. Will probably depend on what songs I will be learning. I just see that there can be advantages in learning fingerpicking, flatpicking, or hybrid.

Finger pickin' is my ideal choice, but sometimes I use a thumb pick. I admire great flat pickin' but I like to use all my fingers!

ummm

Is there a I try to pick answer here ?

I try to pick with fingers , I try to strum with a pick and my fingers ..

Soooo I guess since I can't do either I'll say none of the above , I do the " Hilch " Pick :)

It depends on the song, and where I am playing it - and who else I may be playing with. I use hybrid picking a lot when playing acoustic blues.

Both, depending on the songs I am playing. With mellow songs (including slow rock), I use finger picks (sometimes fingers only). With rock songs, I use the flat pick.

Both, depending on the songs I am playing. With mellow songs (including slow rock), I use finger picks (sometimes fingers only). With rock songs, I use the flat pick.
+1

:claping:

My plans originally were to finger pick but was having a probem with long fingernails so started using a flat pick, but from this forum I found out that you don't need to have long fingernails so went back to using my fingers, I actually like the sound of either, but feel more connected to my guitar when using my fingers.

Skip

Depends a lot on what I'm playing. Most of the time I flat pick and sometimes I'll do both flat and finger picking. Other times I'll just fingerpick.

I like a bit of everything really!