Chris C

An index for the lessons would be great

Hi Kirk and Clancy,

Would there be any chance of putting an index in the fingerpicking lessons section please? There's six pages of them now, which is wonderful, but it's quite a lot to scroll through page by page. The longer it goes the more work it is to eventually compile an index.

Something like the Easy Song index at Guitarnoise would be great:

Easy Song Index at GN

It would also be very useful if there was some sort of rough grading of degree of difficulty (even just 'Easy' 'Intermediate' and 'Advanced' would be a help). I know that this sounds simpler than it is - because once you're good it's actually pretty hard to pick exactly which sections will genuinely be easy for beginners and which really is 'Intermediate' or whatever. But it would be very handy if it was possible.

Apologies if there already is some sort of index or grading system that I've just failed to spot... :oops:

Thanks again for a wonderful site.

Cheers,

Chris

We are working on this at the moment Chris. If only I had about four more hands and two more brains, the ideas are all there, it's just the time it takes to implement everything... and work out the best way of doing things for the long term.

For now, you can see a list of the lessons on the Little lesson Player on the home page. http://www.guitarforbeginners.com - you can even listen to them there too.

Cheers

Clancy

Brilliant. :)

Thanks for that link Clancy, I hadn't discovered that corner of the site.

Sad to hear about the shortfall in hands and brains... You're not trying to do all that work with the same dodgy hand/brain issue that us men totter along with are you?? I thought women got some sort of "Multitasking Pack" that had extra supplies in it?? :isaynothing:

I've been making great strides with Multitasking around the home, so maybe you could pick up some tips from my style. After a couple of years of study, here’s what I can do now:

Wander into kitchen… decide to make cup of tea… fill kettle… check fridge and find no milk… wander into laundry to get more milk from freezer… notice pile of washing. move pile… pick item from pile, examine it and put it back…. wander back into kitchen… notice that kettle is not turned on. turn kettle on… remember milk, go back into laundry… notice magpie through laundry window doing something cute….. go upstairs to get camera… see computer…log in and start reading posts at GB&B forum…. go back downstairs… notice son’s jumper on floor… pick it up and wander into his room. notice book on floor… drop jumper, pick up book…. sit on bed and read book…get to part where the bears have a tea-party, remember kettle and tea making task….. go back into kitchen… refill kettle… revisit fridge and then freezer… return to kitchen with frozen milk… stick milk carton in jug in microwave to defrost…. ponder why I’m doing all this while holding a camera…. go back to find magpie has gone…. stroll into garden to find new magpie… notice flowers that could do with some water….go to hose. remember that the washer on the spray nozzle is leaking….go to shed to see if I have any spare washers in stock…. find empty mug in shed. feel thirsty… go back into kitchen, refill kettle and go looking for milk…. can’t find any milk, so begin hunt for car keys…..pass computer again, so sit down and continue reading and posting at GB&B….

See! It’s easy once you put your mind to it. Did you notice all those tasks that I now have on the go at the same time! :rolleyes::P

Cheers,

Chris

I thought women got some sort of "Multitasking Pack" that had extra supplies in it??

Ha! You called that one right Chris - I can do all that AND eat chocolate at the same time :P

Ha! You called that one right Chris - I can do all that AND eat chocolate at the same time :P

NO! :eek:

And I thought I was catching up.... :(

Right...

In the interest of science - and the forward progression of the endless battle of the sexes - I shall repeat the experiment with added chocolate and a glass of wine!

Might as well. Even if I do finish making the cup of tea, I then usually put it down and forget it, only to find it hours later stone cold somewhere....

I might need a safety net for this one. Some leading edge research can be quite dangerous. :)

It could be time to apply for a Government Research Grant.....

OK Chris, I fold. Some things are only attempted by the insanely reckless, but good luck with your attempt anyway........just a thought though - have you made a will?