tonedeaf

Proverbial Stranded on Deserted Island Question?

If you were stranded on a deserted isalnd and you could only take one guitar with you which one would it be? It could be either acoustic or electric. (Through the miracle of tv/movies and Tesla we have the techonology!)

For me with my limited exposure I would probably choose a nice aged Martin.

My Ovation.

A deserted Island? Tropical or stuck someplace in extreme conditions, one way or the other (hot? Cold?) If there were temperature swings, the Ovation can handle them pretty easily.

Yeh yeh yeh, I know...they slide off your lap, I know. But I got a little patch like thing for $8 and that solved that.

So, me, my Ovation and.......my wife? maybe? OK, jus the guitar! :smilinguitar:

My Strat, Blues Junior and my Hendrix pedal with my Drum machine.....is that too much?

But then again my Fender acoustic would be great fun as well on its own

I just took my little Jay Jr. acoustic to an island. It's not the best guitar that I own but it is GREAT to travel with and I love it.

Being stranded on an island with a guitar would be great! Then I could spend more time practicing instead of doing all that other stuff like work, raising kids, maintaining a house etc... Oh and I'd take my soon to be purchased Seagull S6.

If you were stranded on a deserted isalnd and you could only take one guitar with you which one would it be? It could be either acoustic or electric. (Through the miracle of tv/movies and Tesla we have the techonology!)

For me with my limited exposure I would probably choose a nice aged Martin.

Rats. I thought this was going to be one of those "Which would you take with you: a blonde, brunette or redhead" type questions...

Anyway, funny you should mention an "aged Martin." I read an interview with Keith Richards about a year ago and he was asked that same exact question. His answer? He would bring along his '31 Martin because he didn't see how you'd be able to "play for your dinner" with an unplugged electric. (The question wasn't posed to him with the supply of electricity being available. And he didn't specify who it was he'd be playing for in the first place.).

A misreading brought me to this post -- thought it said stranded on island with a guitarist! Tommy Emmanuel quickly came to mind :oops: If it's just me and my Taylor Koa that would suit me as a fine second choice!

A misreading brought me to this post -- thought it said stranded on island with a guitarist! Tommy Emmanuel quickly came to mind :oops:

LOL....

If that was the case I think I'd choose Nancy Wilson but I think Cameron Crowe would have something to say about that.:unsure::escape:

If that was the case I think I'd choose Nancy Wilson

She doesn't play guitar, but I'd take along her sister, Ann, any day (ehh, back in the day actually -- when she was slightly lighter than she is now). She was a raven-haired beauty back then...

ann_wilson02.jpg

:drool:

Hmmm, tough one... but I think my chances of getting rescued better will be with my Dean Electric... they might hear me from space with that one.

Ultimately going to go insane... strings won't last me but 3 weeks...:helpsmili

Probaly my oldest classical. It done wonders for the two Blazilian brothers.

Los Indios Tabajerez - Maria Elena.

eddiez152

Me too. My old classical.