coldethyl

Buying a new guitar Sticky

To the mods:

Hope I'm not poking my nose in where it's not wanted, but I was wondering if it wouldn't be such a bad thing to have a STICKY on New Guitars and What To Buy If You're Just Starting Out since it seems to be a regular question amongst our newer members. That way when they come on the forum, they can check out the information and gain whatever advice they can from it.

Just a thought!:dunno:

Glad you got in first Matty. I thought I must have been losing my mind. I was sure that had been done by UGB when the forum was fairly new.

Clancy

Glad you got in first Matty. I thought I must have been losing my mind. I was sure that had been done by UGB when the forum was fairly new.

Clancy

Unless its contagious Clancy, and we have both lost our minds...

Now to find who lost theirs first so we know who to blame... 30,000 members, gotta be someone :P

Unless its contagious Clancy, and we have both lost our minds...

Now to find who lost theirs first so we know who to blame... 30,000 members, gotta be someone :P

Let's blame coldethyl.

Hey, at least its not me getting blamed this time.... This IS an weird feeling for me

Want to take some of the blame too Matt?... we don't want you to feel weird. :)

Clancy

Hey all, kidding aside, I think the beginners aksing question about first purchase are really asking for mentor help.

I mean many of us have gone through this. THE FIRST GUITAR SYNDROME

1.I have only this much to spend.

2.Acoustic or Electric.

3.Nylon or Steel.

4.Size

These have all been described in the sticky.

Perhaps Sound bite done by players on the site might help influence a newbi guitar player in his or her choice.

Many of us have plenty of guitars - cheepies and beyond.

Of course good quality recording would be a must.

Everone talks about sound. So what is it really like, and why? I know technique has much to do with this, but lets not go there. As once told me by an old timer, "A good musician can get a tune out of an old shoe box:.

Trying to get the heat off for you "coldthyl"

eddiez152

Hi Mick,

Probably not. I was laughing so much had tears in my eye so miss spelled coldethyl.

I think that this question has been raised so many times it must have driven coldethyl into a frenzy.

STOP-STOP-STOP

eddiez152

I see allthumbs answered another, however, the difference here is that the guitar player had done his shopping and inquiry work. Understanding why a guitar is priced differently and comparisons of quality is another matter.

Laminiate or Solid etc. Of course Other players opinions who may have already purchased a specific brand or model can share their opions.

No matter, there are so many guitars out there that it can certainly send one spinning on decision making.

eddiez152

20 years of therapy wouldnt stop me from feeling weird :P (now wheres the straight jacket smiley)

Sorry I'm still using it.

Hey all, kidding aside, I think the beginners aksing question about first purchase are really asking for mentor help.

I mean many of us have gone through this. THE FIRST GUITAR SYNDROME

1.I have only this much to spend.

2.Acoustic or Electric.

3.Nylon or Steel.

4.Size

These have all been described in the sticky.

Perhaps Sound bite done by players on the site might help influence a newbi guitar player in his or her choice.

Many of us have plenty of guitars - cheepies and beyond.

Of course good quality recording would be a must.

Everone talks about sound. So what is it really like, and why? I know technique has much to do with this, but lets not go there. As once told me by an old timer, "A good musician can get a tune out of an old shoe box:.

Trying to get the heat off for you "coldthyl"

eddiez152

Maybe somebody should/could consolidate them? but not me I'm not dating at the moment. :tomato: