MCH

Guitar Stand DIY

MCH    0

I built this guitar stand for the Mockingbird I built. The MB has an uneven bout shape so a regular stand would not work. This stand is made of pine/cedar and purpleheart. Its shape is similar to the music stand which I built and posted awhile back. I haven't done the final rub out, waiting for the finish to cure.

Just another idea for any diy'ers.

3926.attach

3927.attach

3928.attach

3929.attach

MCH    0
Did you design it too? :thumbup1:

I can't take full credit for that. Thanks to the wonderful world of the web I stumbled across a similar stand and loved the look. I decided to give it a try. :isaynothing:

csason    0

ver-eye cool..

We bought a mirror a few years ago, but my wife only wanted the mirror part for the wall. The REST of it was to be discarded, but I made a stand out of it.

AND i am too lazy right now to go out and take a pic of it..so you will just have to let your imagination be the pic..haw haw.

Anyway, nice as heck stand you have there..

MCH    0

Not steam bent. The side profile shape is cut out of 1 x 6 boards and then I laminate 5 of those shapes together. Do some more shaping to give the front profile some curves and then add the base legs.

Quite easy to make but still a classic look.

Not steam bent. The side profile shape is cut out of 1 x 6 boards and then I laminate 5 of those shapes together. Do some more shaping to give the front profile some curves and then add the base legs.

Quite easy to make but still a classic look.

Thanks for the info, yeah I luv the look, to have the functionality and sweet looks is always my destination when woodcrafting, only thing I've ever made for music, was a music stand, and it was a gift for a friend, this however will be something for me, now if I can just figure a way to personalize it...Hope you don't mind my taking from your design. Thanks for sharing!!!