Matty22

Discussion On Guitar Pro Tutorial

Thanks for doing this.

i've just purchased GP5 and i hope to learn how to use it very soon.

i have only glanced over the tutorial so far but it looks like it will be a bookmark in my favorites.

thanks matty,i've had guitar pro for a while now but didn't realise you could do so much with it,i have mostly just loaded tabs to view,print and play.

Nice one

Can't believe I'm only finding this now. :leadguitar:

I had a GP trial, but stopped using it for it being quite complicated at first glance. I might start using it again, thanks :D

Hello, I am trying to create an alternate ending spanning two bars. I can only get the alternate ending to go over one bar not two. I have tried to highlight the two bars that I want to have the alternate ending on but then the alternate ending button goes dim when I do that. This alternate ending I want to create is the ending of the first verse.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Two questions about using GP5:

1) Is there a 'fermata' option for pausing a note? All I could find was to use the + or - keys to slow down a note.

2) How can I have the chords displayed above the measures for the whole song? I can only get the chord diagrams to accumulate at the top of the very first page.

Thanks,

John

John.

As for the alternate endings, i HAVE seen them done. But havent ever sat down to figure out how... The most obvious and simplest way i can think of. lets say, you have a G C D picking pattern repeating 3 times, then ending the song with say G C D sus 2&4 pattern. type the pattern in, then repeat it 3 time (repeat open/close on the toolbar), then cut and paste the ending progression and modify it accordingly.... But i have seen it done a neater way.

For pausing a note. There is the 'let ring' option, with the keyboard shortcut 'I'. i think that will do what you mean, although i dont actually know what fermata is.

As for displaying the chords. Select any chord (for simplicity chose one tabbed as a strum. (all notes on one beat), press 'A' on that window there are two checkboxes on the RHS. "use diagram' and 'show fingering'. The use diagram will give you the chord charts at the top, and above the chord you have selected it with name the chord.... NOW you just have to do that for every bar.. i havent figured out away to apply it to every bar in one hit.

For pausing a note. There is the 'let ring' option, with the keyboard shortcut 'I'. i think that will do what you mean, although i dont actually know what fermata is.

Fermata.jpg

Hey Matt,

The Fermata is the half-moon shape with the dot in the middle of it just above the staff. By defintion it sustains a note or rest as long as the author or conductor wishes.

I'll try out your idea for the chord insertions. I was not looking to do post all the chords in one shot, I know that I would have to do it for each measure or as needed.

Thanks much,

John

If you use the let ring, in conjunction with "ghost notes" after that. you can sunstain it for as long as you like. Provided its in time.

for eg

Let Ring .

....b|------9-|-(9)- etc...

where the brackets are a ghost note. its not actually picked, but held from the previous measure

Id show you a screen shot, but GP is acting up for me at the moment and i think needs a re-install

COPY & PASTE TRACKS

Hi, I've been using GP5 for some time now, maybe even over use it. Now I love the program and think it's amazing. The only snag is that I can't seem to copy from one track and paste it to another. It is time consuming to write everything manually. Have you heard of a way to get around this? :dunno:

hello i have some questions regarding guitar pro notation

how can you type a note just in standard mode without tablature notation(here:last note in the bar-after note 17) and expand the bend from one note to another (from 17 to that last note)and vibrato (from that last note from first bar to first note of the 2nd bar)like in this picture

how do you type just those dead notes whitout standard notation

In Step - Greg Howe - Introspection2.bmp

how can you make this tremolo bar

In Step - Greg Howe - Introspection3.bmp

In Step - Greg Howe - Introspection4.bmp

these two pictures are together (2nd follows 1st)

thanks

hello i have some questions regarding guitar pro notation

how can you type a note just in standard mode without tablature notation(here:last note in the bar-after note 17) and expand the bend from one note to another (from 17 to that last note)and vibrato (from that last note from first bar to first note of the 2nd bar)like in this picture

attachment1.bmp

how do you type just those dead notes whitout standard notation

attachment2.bmp

how can you make this tremolo bar

attachment1.bmp

attachment1.bmp

these two pictures are together (2nd follows 1st)

thanks

attachment3.bmp

attachment4.bmp