herb99

absolute beginner....now im hooked

herb99    0

my christmas gift to myself was a fender "mexican" strat. its something ive always fancied learning and im afraid ive become an addict.....it was hanging on the wall at my local shop just begging me to buy it , got it for £200 and paired it with a marshall FX amp, my mate lent me a korg pedal but i have to get the wife some earplugs!!

fancied a bit of strumming on an acoustic so i bought a lovely ibanez talmar , nice low action and plays great, not sure about tone not being an educated ear , but it sounds good to me.

my bro-in-law says im doing fine and cant believe ive only played 6 weeks.

i hope i can do these fine instruments justice

3830.attach

3831.attach

solidwalnut    5
my christmas gift to myself was a fender "mexican" strat. its something ive always fancied learning and im afraid ive become an addict.....it was hanging on the wall at my local shop just begging me to buy it , got it for £200 and paired it with a marshall FX amp, my mate lent me a korg pedal but i have to get the wife some earplugs!!

fancied a bit of strumming on an acoustic so i bought a lovely ibanez talmar , nice low action and plays great, not sure about tone not being an educated ear , but it sounds good to me.

my bro-in-law says im doing fine and cant believe ive only played 6 weeks.

i hope i can do these fine instruments justice

Excellent! Welcome to the addiction :smilinguitar:

carol m    64
- I now have 5 guitars, 2 amps, and another amp on the way. SOMEBODY HELP ME! LOL

You have 2 options - grow some extra arms, or infect some mates with your guitar addiction and make beautiful music together :)

Hi Herb, congrats on your lifestyle choice - you're on the right track, and with all the good times ahead of you :)

solidwalnut    5
My local shop calls it GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome - I now have 5 guitars, 2 amps, and another amp on the way. SOMEBODY HELP ME! LOL

Yep. You got it bad. I learned the term GAS from another internet site. The term is all over. Have a good one.

Steve

Stratrat    0
My local shop calls it GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome - I now have 5 guitars, 2 amps, and another amp on the way. SOMEBODY HELP ME! LOL

There's no cure. :)

herb99    0

absolutely love it...nice low action and so easy to play. didnt realise it would sound so good through the amp too.cannot fault it . it would take a more educated ear than mine to be critical of the sound....love it and im getting results and improving daily.

got GAS again....couldnt resist on ebay got it for 1p .....even though the postage was thirty quid , brand new it has to be a bargain , got it for my son so you have another convert to the flock.

if all i do is hang it on the wall it looks a lot better than any piece of art for thirty pounds.

cant see it being on the wall too long though.

3863.attach