allthumbs

Fenders Answer to Variax

I will but, apparently, it will be April before they are available in this sleepy little backwater.

:laughingg: Don't think I've heard London described that way before ..... by that yardstick they should arrive here in the Antipodes, maybe about the end of this decade. :laughingg:

Like the idea of having a Tele 'wot can sound like a Strat too. Cool!

I may be treading on dangerous ground here with Tele lovers, but you can almost get a Tele sound out of a Stratocaster anyway if you use the bridge pickup on them, and play clean through an amp. Ok, so the VG may get a more defined Tele sound, but if your not fussy any Strat will do. Personally, if I want a true Tele sound, I won't be buying a VG Strat, I'll be picking up the genuine article....a Fender Telecaster!:winkthumb:

For a home player like me it would be nice to have one guitar that can give you a variety of sounds - make my missus a lot happier (but not 2K happier)

Lol! I don't think the purchase of any guitar would make my missus happier ..... selling about six, or so could help a lot, but ...... some things are better left unsaid. :whistling

Lol! I don't think the purchase of any guitar would make my missus happier ..... selling about six, or so could help a lot, but ...... some things are better left unsaid. :whistling

I'm not on my own then. My wife has bought me 3 of my guitar's, then start's to give me the earache when I play em. Funny creatures, wife's are.:guitardude:

I'm just off to give the missus a big kiss. I joke about having to persuade her that I need more guitars - but really she encourages me.

Yes we got to keep our little jewel's sweet. She loves me playing the ole melodic stuff, but she can't get her head round liking the blues. I can relate to that, I wont like Robbie William's, Will Young, Take That, but I buy the CD's for her. I got me some major romantic sucking up to do, I have my sights set on a nice thinline Tele.:smilinguitar::winkthumb::wub::wink: