lespaul7

whats your favorite music?

whats your favorite kind of music?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. whats your favorite kind of music?

• rock
    • classic rock
    • metal
    • screamo
    • country
    • southern rock

My musical interests are quite varied. My wife likes Country so I hear a lot of Country but I lean toward Bluegrass which is the genre that I prefer to play. My musical taste varies with the wind though. I might wake up one morning with an urge to blast some AC/DC but by afternoon the Irish Rovers or The Holly Cole Trio get a little air time.

Rick

well, shut my mouth. I never even knew there was such a thing as acid-folk, until I googled it. As for me, sore finger-tips, and just fingering exercises...and two chords. And the whole day without smoking.

I do lean more towards classic rock & pop. However, I do enjoy southern rock and some alternative rock since I know the members of 10,000 Maniacs (from my hometown)...God rest your soul Rob.

Thom

To me the music scene at the mo is bland and uninspirational, so I find myself being drawn more towards the "country" music scene. I've been checking out the country music channel quite a bit lately and have been enjoying it.

I've also been delving into a bit o' chickin' pickin' on the guitar too.

Great fun!

Blues-rock, classic rock, acoustic delta blues, acoustic piedmont blues, electric blues, R&B, reggae, folk, country, rockabilly, bluegrass, swing, and jazz, in descending order of preference. I didn't list anything I don't like.

DB

Based on the choices I would choose Southern Rock being a southern gentleman and all. However I find music from all genres that I like especially jazz. Love classical, rock, alternative rock, alternative Christian, country, Big Band. Music for me is emotional and just like COTM I can dig Music of the moment based on my emotional status at the time (EST). I like music that is creative and not alway in a box of a genre. The weirder the better. Pink Floyd was one of those groups. Great music. Red hot Chili Peppers rock and very innovative. If I want to increase my IQ which is above average I listen to classical. Not ready for MENSA yet. If I want my plants to grow I play them classical. If I want them to die I play heavy metal. Music from the Baroque period is absolutely soothing to the nerves.

So I think getting stuck in one genre closes ones mind to all the musical creativity of the time and space continuem.

Once a note is struck it travels thru time and space and the tone wave once created is never destroyed and travels for eternity seeking new ear drums to vibrate and that person may create a song based on notes played a thousand years ago. If one is locked into one style his creativity and sound wave receptors may not pick up and transfer to the mind the vibrating sound waves that are everywhere. I think that musical genius's may very well hear these sound waves unknowingly and thus create songs from the air not even being aware that they are receiving them and using their musical knowledge to use them and create from the library of endless sound waves in the universe. Maybe even from another planetary system.

"Beam me up Scotty, no signs of intelligent life on this planet"

Danny:winkthumb:

I like anything with a good melody. Right now I'm digging the new Crowded House-Time on Earth.

I also really enjoy Larry Carlton, Robben Ford, Jeff Beck,Tommy Emmanuel, and Doyle Dykes to name a few.

Frank

Forgot to mention Southern Rock like Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Also when it comes to metal, I like metal in general. I like grunge even more. Don't like all the stuff they call emo these days, and I like some screaming bands as long as it doesn't go too far.

Too bad grunge isnt in there, prob my favourite genre, but I can imagine why alot of people don't like it. Hard to beat classic rock and blues too, I'd say I like the whole list.

70's country.....with a little Patsy Cline thrown in..southern rock...Lynard Skinner, CCR, etc, and the Eagels.....they're latest, "How Long" is a great on for meshing country with rock.....wish I could play that!!!!!!!!!!!

hb

I love rock and metal :yeahhh::punk: although I cannot play any much of them because I'm a beginner.

Fave bands: Metallica, megadeth, dream theater, Iron maiden, Led Zeppelin, Deep purple, Nirvana, Motorhead, Soundgarden, GNRoses, Judas Priest and The Doors ! :rockon:

My music taste has changed since my past post in this thread. Now its:

80's thrash metal, prog rock, jazz (both traditional and contemporary), neoclassical/shred, death metal, , grindcore, metalcore, hardcore, etc.

Mostly I like rock music.I'm into classic rock but I also like to listen to metal and heavy metal.That's what I have on the top of the list.Generally,I can listen to just about anyhting but only my favorite stuff go into my computer and cd collection :) ...

I'm a fence straddler.........I like the country side of the Eagles and the soft rock side of Martina McBride............after all...........she's from my part of town.............S.E. Kansas.

hb