lespaul7

whats your favorite music?

whats your favorite kind of music?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. whats your favorite kind of music?

• rock
    • classic rock
    • metal
    • screamo
    • country
    • southern rock

Acid-Folk

Nice.

I'm a metal head usually. But I love me some blues as well. My Winamp playlist can be a bit jarring when it shuffles from Children of Bodom to John Lee Hooker. :)

My tastes lean towards the blues, and to be honest, I'm a blues fan from way back. The first blues show I attended was the Sacramento Blues Festival in 1980, headlined by Muddy Waters and Sippy Wallace. But being born in the Southwest, there has always been an undercurrent of country in there somewhere, from Johnny Cash to Jerry Jeff Walker. My tastes have become more ecclectic recently, ranging from the Classic Jazz of Django Rhienhart to the Psychobilly of The Reverend Horton Heat. And I've always loved Southern Rock. P.S. I have no idea what "screamo" is.

I'm with some of the others in that you left out my favorite categories. For me it's Fingerstyle (doesn't have to be mellow), Blues,Country/Bluegrass, Southern and Classic rock. I chose Country because it was the only option available.

Kevin

Wow, I feel right at home now, I never would have thought so many of you were into country music. Just another reason I like this place. lol

I'm pretty amazed that country is leading the poll too! I'm guessing that "screamo" is a harder-core version of "emo" music (aka "I hate myself, I hate the world, I hate my parents, I hate life....").

I grew up with the Classic's, Blues, Rockabilly, R&B, and RocknRoll. All music touches me in some way. Even Rap with its driving bass has "some" redeamable qualities. I just love Music...

Screamo?!...is that anything like emo or extremo? Though I haven't had the "pleasure" of hearing any of these new variants of "rock" that seem to pop up on an almost weekly basis, something tells me -- judging by the names alone -- that I'm really not missing out on a whole helluva lot.

I voted for classic rock though I wish you'd included blues-rock as an option (I'm aware however that you can't list every genre). Led Zeppelin, Foghat, Humble Pie, Rory Gallagher, Savoy Brown, John Mayall, Cream (along with Clapton's other bands -- Blind Faith, Derek and the Dominoes, the Yardbirds), the Allman Brothers, Johnny Winter, Ten Years After, George Thorogood, ZZ Top, Elvin Bishop, and yes, even the Stones in their earlier days, all fit more comfortably into the blues-rock category than they do into the more generic classic rock. Back in the late '60s and the first half of the '70s, that's were those guys were classified as: blues-rockers. After #!%*! disco claim along and ruined it for everybody and blues-rock had pretty much run its course, these people eventually came to fall into the more-encompassing classic rock category.

Ahh...those were the days... :crying2:

Where is the Blues?????
Where?...Buddy Guy, Gary Moore, Walter Trout, Rob Tognoni, Eric Sardinas, Joe Bonamassa, Jonny Lang, Dave Hole, Susan Tedeschi, Robert Cray, Roy Buchanan, Jeff Healy...there's tons of really hot blues artists out there.