This is truely First Class Delvelopment

11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,010 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:48 AM

Kirk,Clancy and all who helped put this together.

There have been many lengthy testimonials on "Plane Talk" learning book and CD.
I will keep this as short and sweet as this book is.
I have never seen something so well assembled for any beginner or advanced
student.
I have a collection of books and CD's that have laid on the shelf for years. They lay there because of the lack of time that one has go through them all.
Most of them just show chords or pictures. Few, deliver an understanding of how to apply them on the fretboard.
Aside from being a member on guitarsforbeginners, this is as sweet as marshmellows,
and almost as easy as boiling water.
Now that may be a little overstated, but if one applies himself a bit he can certainly
improve his or hers playing skills.
Kirk,you can't move our hands, but you can move our minds.
Nineth wonder of the World.

With the most kindest regards:

Edward (eddiez152)

#2 OFFLINE   Kirk Lorange

Site Founder

• Admin

• 4,243 posts
  • Joined 31-January 04

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:57 AM

Why thank you, Edward ... I'm glad you're enjoying it. I think as it all sinks in, you'll begin to see the true power of this simple mindset. :winkthumb:

#3 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,010 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:03 PM

Kirk,
That wasn't just simple, it was brilliant. Its equal to sitting around with guitar playing friends and kicking around a few bars,riffs,and licks.
You laugh, smile, joke around and before you know it your play something together.
It is about as laid back as one can be. An expalanation to guitar fundamentals in a friendly sort of way.
Does't sound rigid or leaves one left out. I should have ordered it sooner.

eddiez152

#4 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,010 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:24 PM

Kirk,
Now I have gotten through the complete video a number of times. I have never seen a lesson video put together as great as this. For the beginners and intermediate players out there who want a shot at getting good on the fretboard this is an absolute must see. So---- Now I'm gonna order 3 more copies to give to friends I know.

eddiez152

#5 OFFLINE   bugly

• Active Members

• 268 posts
  • Joined 17-November 06

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:57 AM

With you Eddie - Kirks DVD and book are very intuitive and helped me understand and relate to the basics of chord theory and structure plus improvisation. Thanks Kirk a top job.

Robert M

#6 OFFLINE   Kirk Lorange

Site Founder

• Admin

• 4,243 posts
  • Joined 31-January 04

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:08 AM

eddiez152 said:

Kirk,
Now I have gotten through the complete video a number of times. I have never seen a lesson video put together as great as this. For the beginners and intermediate players out there who want a shot at getting good on the fretboard this is an absolute must see. So---- Now I'm gonna order 3 more copies to give to friends I know.

eddiez152
Wow Eddie ... thanks! I'll post them off in the morning and I'll include the 'Chord Tone Blues' CD lesson* in each as a bonus for being so generous. :winkthumb:

*Only available to PlaneTalkers.

#7 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,010 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:24 PM

Kirk,

Thank you very much. As always, I'd like to extend my support to what your doing.
I truely believe that this site goes beyond expectations. The video's, lessons, and helping others acquire the skills needed to find their place in guitar playing.
If I had the money to give each new player a copy of this I would.

hopefully a lasting friend and student.
kindest regards;

eddiez152

#8 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,010 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:17 PM

You Too,

That was good. At least your reading the mail.
Pay attention !
eddiez152:) :clover:
The kids on the block call me (Mr.Z) There used to be a program on TV called Mr.Wizard but your probably too young to remember this.

#9 OFFLINE   blkbelt65

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 14-March 06

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:12 PM

I've thought about purchasing this book but was under the impression ( I believe Kirk may have relayed that info to me in an e-mail) it was geared more towared the intermediate player. Can someone give a brief example of what I should have accomplished before diving into this book? Thanks in advance.

#10 OFFLINE   si16

• Moderators

• 6,096 posts
  • Joined 07-November 05

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:03 PM

blkbelt65 said:

I've thought about purchasing this book but was under the impression ( I believe Kirk may have relayed that info to me in an e-mail) it was geared more towared the intermediate player. Can someone give a brief example of what I should have accomplished before diving into this book? Thanks in advance.

This might help blkbelt.

#11 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,010 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:51 PM

blkbelt,
I was stuck on chords and some hap hazzard finger picking, watching others play around me.
There is a beginning for us all, the TREE of knowledge starts with Plane Talk.

eddiez152

#12 OFFLINE   blkbelt65

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 14-March 06

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:03 AM

thank you both, I knew I donated to the right site! I plan to start using and contributing to this site more and more and see it as a good part of my progress. I need to devote more time to practice to justify the 4 guitars I've got already. With a wife who can sing, I see some good times ahead.

After reading thru the link I see I have a bit to wait before diving into the PT book. But when I'm ready, I'll know I've made good progress to get to that point in my progress.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users