cshude

Collaboration forum?

After having such fun (and such a great response from the forum) putting together Gentle On My Mind with Rockerbob, I think it might be a great idea to have an area on the forum where we can get together for collaborations- for example, I could go in and post that I would like to do a particular song, have some details of what I wanted to do on the song as far as tracks, and then have a list of what I am looking for someone else to do. For example, I'm terrible with drums and my lead guitar is not where I'd like it to be yet. But I can do some pretty decent rhythm work and vocals for other folks.

Something to think about...

I think a collaboration form would be great. I listened before to assemblies with you and rokerbob. Some of the seasoned players can add to, or enhance or remix each others stuff.

eddiez152

Yeah a collaboration forum has been talked about before... good idea, but where to put it... would it be good to put it together with the songwriting forum?

Any ideas?

Clancy

I think it could be a part of the Member's Recording's section- it would basically be a meeting up place to get started, and the finished products would be posted in the regular recordings section.

And yes, RB plays a mean shaker!!

Very cool, Clancy - Thanks!!!

Eddiez - the reason it said "NEVER" was because nobody had posted to the forum yet (i.e. last post to that forum was "never" ago). Now that there's one thread in there, the "NEVER" is gone - "NEVER" to appear again! :D

I could go in and post that I would like to do a particular song, have some details of what I wanted to do on the song as far as tracks, and then have a list of what I am looking for someone else to do. For example, I'm terrible with drums and my lead guitar is not where I'd like it to be yet. But I can do some pretty decent rhythm work and vocals for other folks.

Something to think about...

I think that's a wonderful idea. As part of the Worldwide Conspiracy of Chrisses I fully support the notion. :winkthumb:

I'd also like to see a "Beginners version" as well, where the object is not so much to push towards the finished product, but to slowly build up songs or other pieces of music, layer by layer, learning and experimenting as we go.

Cheers,

Chris