Matty22

Accoustic Bass (OldG?)

Matty22    0

Any other accomplished, or aspiring Bass players here.....

A mate and i play around down at the local lake at least once a week. Generally with 2 acoustics, but my mate has started taking a fancy to playing my bass a bit, and i/we are thinking about picking up an acoustic bas... nothing fancy, just a 4 string...

Is there anything we should look out for?

Im guessing the differences between accoustic and electric bass would be the same as they are for guitars. But i could be wrong...

Once ive got some research on the idea done, ill go and check some brands out...

Thanks guys.

Matty

OldG    3

quick reply as I just noticed this on my way out to work,

I played a few and never found any loud enough to keep up wit a strummed acoustic - I reckon you still gonna need to amplify.

You definitely get a nice 'acoustic' tone from them -just not loud enough imho :crying2:

Matty22    0

Hmm, dayum, have to try em out at the shop and see... Amps are the problem when it comes to taking 2 guitars, some fish and chips and a sixpack to the park.

Thanks feller

allthumbs    8

I have friends who get together with their guitars and acoustic bass without amping the bass. I don't think the guitar players are pounding on their guitars though. They work at keeping the acoustic and bass volume balanced.