hhsc

I would like to see how much my 1968 Guild D25 In near mint condision is worth

allthumbs    8

I looked all over the place.

Guild's classic dreadnought the D25 has been in the line since 1968. The current model has solid spruce top, solid mahogany sides and arched mahogany back. The D25 has been built this way since 1976. The earlier models had a mahogany top and a flat back. The D25 also features a rosewood fingerboard and bridge. More D25s have been sold than any other Guild model. With Fishman Matrix, $1399

The fact that yours has a flat back instead of an arch is going to take the price down as a player. A D25 12 string from 78 is selling for just under a 1000. Since yours is one of their biggest sellers, I don't think there would be much of a collectors market for it. My guess would be 800 -1200.

Caseaday    0
I looked all over the place.

Guild's classic dreadnought the D25 has been in the line since 1968. The current model has solid spruce top, solid mahogany sides and arched mahogany back. The D25 has been built this way since 1976. The earlier models had a mahogany top and a flat back. The D25 also features a rosewood fingerboard and bridge. More D25s have been sold than any other Guild model. With Fishman Matrix, $1399

The fact that yours has a flat back instead of an arch is going to take the price down as a player. A D25 12 string from 78 is selling for just under a 1000. Since yours is one of their biggest sellers, I don't think there would be much of a collectors market for it. My guess would be 800 -1200.

I don't necessarily agree with that. I own both a flat back and an arched back. Both are different guitars all together. Your '68 is all mahogany and is beginning to be sought after, as are many of the early Guilds. They are not near the Martin prices and probably never will be, but their build quality and sound are right up there.

Just my $0.02 (CAD)

bluesguy    0

Do a search/watch on Ebay for the guitar. It is a way to gauge the market value (not a perfect way - but a way). Also look at Harmony Central's review pages and see if someone has posted a review of the guitar with a price.

Lcjones    8

Vintage acoustic Guild's are one of the most underrated guitars. Especially the D25's. The Vintage (pre-Fender) D-25's are just now coming to be recognized as a guitar players guitar. A veritable work horse. Dependable, great tones, excellent playability. Short of absolute total neglect and abuse, a pre-Fender D-25 will literally last a life time and beyond.

Most arched backed D-25's I've seen for sale have been in the $400-800US Range. They are well worth the purchase price. I'd say the flatback's will bring slightly less than that. There is currently a 68 flatback on ebay as we speak.

The new price on my 74 D25 was $400.00 including hardshell Guild Case. I can still smell the new-ness. ;)

Frankly, I wouldn't take $2,000.00 for my '74 D25. And I'll stack it up against any Martin on the floor. The D-25's have rivaled the Martin D-18's and 28's from years ago in the Blue Grass arena.

If you own a Guild, I'd hang on to it if at all possible.

'74 D-25/6 Cherry

'76 F-212 Sun - Burst

'80 D-212 Cherry

Very cool.....

Caseaday    0

My D-25s are different animals, it's not like having two of the same guitars at all even though they are from the same era.

I hear good things coming out of the Tacoma factory, but alas the D-25 is not on the list yet. There is a GAD-25 being made in China which is probably similar but the good old Westerly RI Guilds are tough to beat.

dabeezer    0

I have a D25C from 1976 and I absolutely love it. I have used it continuously since then. I had it appraised a few years back and the adjuster placed a $1200 tag on it. Also, I am looking for a D25C-12 if anyone has a lead on one.

Thanks

Lcjones    8
I have a D25C from 1976 and I absolutely love it. I have used it continuously since then. I had it appraised a few years back and the adjuster placed a $1200 tag on it. Also, I am looking for a D25C-12 if anyone has a lead on one.

Thanks

I have an 80 D212/C, which is essentially a D25/12C. I have yet to see a D25/12C for sale, however, if you keep your eyes on ebay or craig's list you'll eventually come up with a D212C. I've seen plenty of sunburst and natural 25/12's but the cherry is a rarity.

Here's my D25C and sister D212C .

Jomi    1

Great to see this post, I thought I was the only one!

I have an arch back D25 from 1979, well, that's when I bought it.

Unfortunately my ex-wife didn't like my music or the guitars and she let my then 2 year old use it as a garage for his toy cars so the finish on the sounboard was ruined, still sounds great though, built like a piano!!

si16    10
Great to see this post, I thought I was the only one!

I have an arch back D25 from 1979, well, that's when I bought it.

Unfortunately my ex-wife didn't like my music or the guitars and she let my then 2 year old use it as a garage for his toy cars so the finish on the sounboard was ruined, still sounds great though, built like a piano!!

I can see why she is now your ex-wife Jomi.

SunBerry    0

The owner of the music store would not sell me the one I wanted, Cherry... He said it wasn't the right one for me. this went on for several weeks and he called me and said "Your Guitar just came it." It was mahogony and sounded like heaven. I still have it. Original case, original paperwork, in mint conditioin. I have used the... heck out of it but treated in like it was gold. I love it and I have had people offer me 2000 dollars for it... but she is my baby.:smilinguitar:

Lcjones    8
The owner of the music store would not sell me the one I wanted, Cherry... He said it wasn't the right one for me. this went on for several weeks and he called me and said "Your Guitar just came it." It was mahogony and sounded like heaven. I still have it. Original case, original paperwork, in mint conditioin. I have used the... heck out of it but treated in like it was gold. I love it and I have had people offer me 2000 dollars for it... but she is my baby.:smilinguitar:

Once a Guild man. Always a Guild man. :)