The Dude

how long before your not a newcomer?

hey guys, ive been on here a good few months now, but i was just wondering something. how long do you have to've been a member before you're a member if you know what i mean. i'm not complaining, i was just curious. later

It works like this Dude:-

0-49 posts - Newcomer

50-299 posts - Member

300-999 posts - Full Member

Over 1,000 posts - Grand Member

2 posts now...48 to go....

alot of times that system just makes ppl spam or leave...just what ive notice on other forums

We catch the ones that spam and the ones who don't want to spend the time to contribute meaningfully to this forum are better off leaving anyway. 10 posts are nothing. I must post 20 to 30 times a day. It really isn't that hard. It gives us a buffer zone to see what kind of member we are dealing with and turf the ones who are going to run amok before they can do to much damage. That is really the only thing you have to get past is the first 10. That gives you full access to all the options on this forum. The designations are just for fun.

Yeah, I ran into the 10 post wall last night. I know there's a chatroom but it doesn't even show up for you until 10 posts. I was a bit disappointed. =P

I'm usually more of the type to read and read and read and occasionally make a post. But now I have to make a point of posting if I want to be able to chat or have access to everything. :brickwall: <- me and the 10 post wall ;)

Once you get past your first 10 post's. Just enjoy the the site and what it has to offer. it does'nt matter what is under your username. Just keep the site as a wealth of knowledge for yourself as a guitarist, and a good way of meeting some really good friends. We do go off piste now and then. but thats good company for you. :smilinguitar::winkthumb:

wow, you mean i'm acutally supposed to be actively involved. I've been sitting on the sidelines just absorbing information for quite a while now... I guess I should start posting if I ever want to be anything other than a NEWCOMER! Not that that's so bad!

I love this site! You guys are all pretty interesting!

wow, you mean i'm acutally supposed to be actively involved. I've been sitting on the sidelines just absorbing information for quite a while now... I guess I should start posting if I ever want to be anything other than a NEWCOMER! Not that that's so bad!

I love this site! You guys are all pretty interesting!

Glad your enjoying yourself Surf bum.

hey guys, ive been on here a good few months now, but i was just wondering something. how long do you have to've been a member before you're a member if you know what i mean. i'm not complaining, i was just curious. later

Nah. No later. Surfs up, dude. Pony up.

hey guys, i just realized something. im not being stroppy or anything, but how comes my post counter says i've only made 29 nine posts, and im still classed as a new comer, but when i click on THE DUDE and go onto find all posts by THE DUDE, it says ive made 106. whats going on? :crying2:

hey guys, i just realized something. im not being stroppy or anything, but how comes my post counter says i've only made 29 nine posts, and im still classed as a new comer, but when i click on THE DUDE and go onto find all posts by THE DUDE, it says ive made 106. whats going on? :crying2:

Ask Clancy in trouble shooting. Did you remember to slip Clancy 10 bucks under the table? Just kidding.:dunno: Sometimes the post counter misbehaves.:crying2:

Posts in some threads don't count to your overall post count. This is just to stop people getting a large amount of posts in popular threads such as the Rock Song Game without really contributing to the forum overall.

thats it, i've cracked it. i was doing all my posts in games and stuff. i've actually contributed to the forum twice, and my post counters worked. thanks for all the help.

Yeah, I ran into the 10 post wall last night. I know there's a chatroom but it doesn't even show up for you until 10 posts. I was a bit disappointed. =P

I'm usually more of the type to read and read and read and occasionally make a post. But now I have to make a point of posting if I want to be able to chat or have access to everything. :brickwall: <- me and the 10 post wall ;)

Don't worry brightstar, if you are like many of us, before long you'll find yourself well over the 10, 50, 100 and 500 post mark!

You might be a tad disappointed though when you hit 10 posts because there aren't many people ever in the chatroom. Maybe you can help change that. :winkthumb:

thanks for your curiosity Dude.......i did not know there was more from this site :rolleyes: . i'm always reading posts and learning bit by bit. so here's another post :)

Now that I've seen the formula I guess I'll be a newcomer for ever. I'm one of the silent majority who generally doesn't post except if there's an opportunity to pass on information no-one else offers. That's not likely to happen anytime in the foreseeable future. So I'm afraid I'm feeling a bit sad about the status system.

Now that I've seen the formula I guess I'll be a newcomer for ever. I'm one of the silent majority who generally doesn't post except if there's an opportunity to pass on information no-one else offers. That's not likely to happen anytime in the foreseeable future. So I'm afraid I'm feeling a bit sad about the status system.

Welcoming new members and adding your experiences with playing a guitar to posts could keep you typing here for some time.

This place is about sharing our love of everything guitar as much as it is swapping factoids. Contribute your fellowship.

There really isn't a status thing about posts. It is just for fun.

Once you register, you immediately get access to everything here on the forum including the lessons except the chat room. The title under your name just shows how much you have contributed to the community. It really is no big deal. If someone wants to come up with a different way of titling members (if the newcomer title is that unpalatable) - We're always open to suggestions.

Just to clear things up, it's not 10 posts before you can access the chat room... I'm not sure where that figure came from... we've never actually announced the amount of posts you need to be able to access the chat... this posts explains the reason why.

The post limit for the chat room is just a precaution... I don't know if you noticed Brightstar, but I enabled chat for you a few of days ago, so you should be all set to go now.

Cheers

Clancy