WernHalen

Guitar Pro or Power Tab?

WernHalen    0

Thank you Larry. I am thinking that I might be able to make my contribution to the guitar communities by recording a couple of sound fonts. I will take me a while, but I should be able to do it.

A buddy of mine has a practicing studio, but it is not ready for recording. With a few minor changes it shuld be ready though... Another friend of mine is a sound engineer he should be able to help me.

LarryKu    0

Sounds like you have the help neeeded to record excellent samples. If you are new to creating soundfonts, you should probably review The Art Of Soundfont tutorial. It is a pdf file that provides a step by step method for using the Vienna Soundfont Editor. The first read may be a bit overwhelming, but it becomes more clear as you start creating a soundfont.

If you downloaded the soundfonts from my web site, open either the Nylon or Godin font and view how I sampled the the six strings to cover the fretboard. These were my first attempts, and I would use slightly different samples for a new font. I'll map out what I believe would be an optimum set of samples to cover the fretboard and get it to you.

LarryKu    0

Wern, I quickly created a fretboard map to show what I believe to be the optimum samples. The Red squares are the samples and the Green and Blue squares indicate the range on the fretboard for the sample.

Hope this helps you to get started.

380.attach

737blues    0

Personally I have GP5, it's an excellent and very powerful program.

I don't see how anybody can really fault PowerTab however, (which also works very well IMHO) by comparing it to GP5 since PT is free and GP5 is a reasonably expensive commercial program. I think it's a case of letting your budget decide. You can import PT files into GP5 BTW, but not the other way around :dunno: