jade_nobody

What Kind Of Electric Guitar Should I Buy??

heey i need advice on what kind of electric guitar i should get..& also what affordable (but still works good) amp i should get??

i was thinking thiS for a guitar:

http://www.rondomusic.net/electricguitar-ss5.html

(the Agile ST-1000)

(or Agile ST-1000 FAT)

my price range for the guitar is around 300

i have no idea which 1 would b best..so plz help me out!

(thx 2 "ohhmygod" for all his help!!)

-jade nobody

heey i need advice on what kind of electric guitar i should get..& also what affordable (but still works good) amp i should get??

i was thinking thiS for a guitar:

http://www.rondomusic.net/electricguitar-ss5.html

(the Agile ST-1000)

(or Agile ST-1000 FAT)

my price range for the guitar is around 300

i have no idea which 1 would b best..so plz help me out!

(thx 2 "ohhmygod" for all his help!!)

-jade nobody

Lots of folks love their agiles. Usually the big fuss is about their lp clones,but that strat clone loos nice. Keep in mind you can get a 51 squire for about 120 or so if you want to go that way. It is a mix between a tele and a strat so if you are after that pure strat sound then go with the agile with the single coils ie the 1000. The humbucks give a warmer thicker distortion.

You need to decide if you want to go with a tube or digital amp. Digital are cheaper and tend to have more bells and whistles ,but can be low quality. Tubes have a warmer sound. Blues juniors are popular. You need to ask yourself how loud do you want to play. Most bedroom amps are between 10 an 30 watts. Unless you get a designer 10 watter ,they tend to be beginners amps and don't have the best tone. About 300 buck s or so will get you something you could be happy with IMO. Go take a look at some and post the links here so we can take a look at what your thinking of.

Lots of folks love their agiles. Usually the big fuss is about their lp clones,but that strat clone loos nice. Keep in mind you can get a 51 squire for about 120 or so if you want to go that way. It is a mix between a tele and a strat so if you are after that pure strat sound then go with the agile with the single coils ie the 1000. The humbucks give a warmer thicker distortion.

You need to decide if you want to go with a tube or digital amp. Digital are cheaper and tend to have more bells and whistles ,but can be low quality. Tubes have a warmer sound. Blues juniors are popular. You need to ask yourself how loud do you want to play. Most bedroom amps are between 10 an 30 watts. Unless you get a designer 10 watter ,they tend to be beginners amps and don't have the best tone. About 300 buck s or so will get you something you could be happy with IMO. Go take a look at some and post the links here so we can take a look at what your thinking of.

hmmmmmm...a lil confused here..new at buying guitars n amps n all..uhhhm..so whats

a pure strat sound? which amp would b better for a beginner? tube or digital? what

is the average price for an amp?...im not lookin for like an amp 2 play up on stage..but

just a bedroom amp...u know?...wooow..300 bucks!!whoA...that like as much as a guitar!!!!holY!!!verY surprised...

The strat sound is made by the single coils like on the 1000. Hendrix and Stevie Ray played strats as well as Buddy Guy and countless others like Eric Clapton. 300 dollar guitars are considered pretty much the bottom of playable guitars with some exceptions.The same goes with amps. This is a huge subject. Surf the net read about amps. Check ebay,sometimes you can get good deals there,but shipping can be a problem. PM Nelsonite. He teaches so will probably know some good amps to try. You could even get a small practice mini amp or a guitar modeler and play your guitar through your cp speakers though the sound wont be great. If your thinking of recording and uploading, life is a lot easier if you buy an amp with a line out.

The strat sound is made by the single coils like on the 1000. Hendrix and Stevie Ray played strats as well as Buddy Guy and countless others like Eric Clapton. 300 dollar guitars are considered pretty much the bottom of playable guitars with some exceptions.The same goes with amps. This is a huge subject. Surf the net read about amps. Check ebay,sometimes you can get good deals there,but shipping can be a problem. PM Nelsonite. He teaches so will probably know some good amps to try. You could even get a small practice mini amp or a guitar modeler and play your guitar through your cp speakers though the sound wont be great. If your thinking of recording and uploading, life is a lot easier if you buy an amp with a line out.

so the Agile ST-1000 has the "strat sound"??....i think i want that(the "strat sound"..k, so i can get that a guitar costs 300 bucks for a desent one..but an amP costing 300 bucks??didn't know that..hmmm..well so how much would a practice mini amp be?

-jade nobody

Hi,

Back in my own personal dark ages :lol: , I collected some wisdom on how to find and buy a guitar if you are a beginner. Here is a link to that information http://www.jcdisciples.org/guitar/howtobuy.html. I would also suggest looking at the Harmony Central site, http://www.harmony-central.com/ which has reviews on many guitars, amps, effects and all things music.

Without knowing what style of music you want to play it is hard to give you any advice on what kind of guitar & amp to buy. Here is my own story, take it for what its worth.

When I decided to buy an electric guitar I had already owned a used classical guitar (low end model) for a year. I knew I want to play blues and my favorite guitarist was (is) Stevie Ray Vaughan. I also enjoy the guitar work of Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, Jimmie Vaughan, and a few others. Turns out one of the constants with all of those players is Fender Stratocaster guitars.

So I went hunting for Fender Stratocasters. I looked into used Japanese models, new American and Mexican models. I just looked and played as many as I could find. Over time I found that the model I wanted was called a Tex-Mex Fender Strat. The parts are all made in the USA, assembled in Mexico and use the Tex-Mex pickups (hotter than the standard Fender PU).

For an amp, I knew that I didn't need a big amp with lots of effects - the blues guys in the 50's used small amps & no effects to get great tone. I also knew that I wanted a tube amp to get the 'warm' blues distortion I was looking for. I ended up buying a Fender Pro Junior. I have been very happy with my setup.

Thats my story. Cant wait to hear how your story turns out.:)

hey, most people i know who start guitar start with acoustics. if you dont want to do that and you just want to practice playing with a not very loud amp, you could go to wal-mart and get a first act, or you could go to musiciansfriend.com and they have good amps and guitars for great prices.

Hi,

Back in my own personal dark ages :lol: , I collected some wisdom on how to find and buy a guitar if you are a beginner. Here is a link to that information http://www.jcdisciples.org/guitar/howtobuy.html. I would also suggest looking at the Harmony Central site, http://www.harmony-central.com/ which has reviews on many guitars, amps, effects and all things music.

Without knowing what style of music you want to play it is hard to give you any advice on what kind of guitar & amp to buy. Here is my own story, take it for what its worth.

When I decided to buy an electric guitar I had already owned a used classical guitar (low end model) for a year. I knew I want to play blues and my favorite guitarist was (is) Stevie Ray Vaughan. I also enjoy the guitar work of Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, Jimmie Vaughan, and a few others. Turns out one of the constants with all of those players is Fender Stratocaster guitars.

So I went hunting for Fender Stratocasters. I looked into used Japanese models, new American and Mexican models. I just looked and played as many as I could find. Over time I found that the model I wanted was called a Tex-Mex Fender Strat. The parts are all made in the USA, assembled in Mexico and use the Tex-Mex pickups (hotter than the standard Fender PU).

For an amp, I knew that I didn't need a big amp with lots of effects - the blues guys in the 50's used small amps & no effects to get great tone. I also knew that I wanted a tube amp to get the 'warm' blues distortion I was looking for. I ended up buying a Fender Pro Junior. I have been very happy with my setup.

Thats my story. Cant wait to hear how your story turns out.:)

lol ok, well thx a ton for sharin your story & giving me those links..that all will help a lot! by the way, i hope 2 play rock music...so does that mean i should a non-tube

amp??

-jade nobody

hey, most people i know who start guitar start with acoustics. if you dont want to do that and you just want to practice playing with a not very loud amp, you could go to wal-mart and get a first act, or you could go to musiciansfriend.com and they have good amps and guitars for great prices.

thx a ton!..i think i will start out with a quieter amp..just like a bedroom amp or something..& i think i should go with an amp with the uh "strat sound" & not a tube amp....& well i started out playing a hollow body electric guitar without an amp..& i learnt using that..& now i think i wanna buy an electric so yuppers..im pretty excited:D

-jade nobody

thx a ton!..i think i will start out with a quieter amp..just like a bedroom amp or something..& i think i should go with an amp with the uh "strat sound" & not a tube amp....& well i started out playing a hollow body electric guitar without an amp..& i learnt using that..& now i think i wanna buy an electric so yuppers..im pretty excited:D

-jade nobody

I am a little confused now. Amps don't have strat sounds. Strat is short for stratocaster style guitars. Why are you buying another electric if you have a hollow body electric. Is there something wrong with it or was it a loner? Tube amps are the amps of choice for most bands unless your getting into high end digital. Solid state amps are so common because they are cheaper and low maintenance though you can get very good ones in the upper price range. I agree that you should get a small starter amp. You need time to learn about amps and tone before you invest too much money in an amp.

I am a little confused now. Amps don't have strat sounds. Strat is short for stratocaster style guitars. Why are you buying another electric if you have a hollow body electric. Is there something wrong with it or was it a loner? Tube amps are the amps of choice for most bands unless your getting into high end digital. Solid state amps are so common because they are cheaper and low maintenance though you can get very good ones in the upper price range. I agree that you should get a small starter amp. You need time to learn about amps and tone before you invest too much money in an amp.

lol...yeah i agree..btw, i ment solid state amps..not strat amps..lol...im a lil out of it..haha ah well.. oya & i want an electric 1..cuz i heard that u only play blues & jazz with a hollow body electric one??is that true?? & well plus there is other reasons

-jade nobody

I'm not one for electric guitars, but I would say start with a middle priced one, say $200-350 range?

I'm not ne for electric guitars, but I would say start with a middle priced one, say $200-350 range?

yeah, i was thinkin that too..the Agile ST-1000 costs 300 bucks so yeah...i was thinkin that maybe?

http://http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/519750/?c_tid=topseller

this sounds like a great pak. the amp is really great and the guitar sounds like its good for a beginner. and its a really good price. read the reviews

When you read reviews i is important to look at the experience of the reviewer. High marks from someone who has just gotten their first guitar means little. Look for reviews from players who have been around or have played the guitar long enough to get a feel for the product. I think these reviews are more acurate. As I have said in other posts low end guitars with exceptions start around 300 bucks. Agiles and the squire 51 are two exceptions I can think of. Beware beginners packs. They tend to be very poorly put together instruments. That guitar is made of layered plywood which means it will ding easily and have poor tone. The amp is ok I guess. A lot of people like the higher priced amps of that brand and a lot don't. Frankly, I think you can do much better.

When you read reviews i is important to look at the experience of the reviewer. High marks from someone who has just gotten their first guitar means little. Look for reviews from players who have been around or have played the guitar long enough to get a feel for the product. I think these reviews are more acurate. As I have said in other posts low end guitars with exceptions start around 300 bucks. Agiles and the squire 51 are two exceptions I can think of. Beware beginners packs. They tend to be very poorly put together instruments. That guitar is made of layered plywood which means it will ding easily and have poor tone. The amp is ok I guess. A lot of people like the higher priced amps of that brand and a lot don't. Frankly, I think you can do much better.

thx for the advice:) i won't go with that then:D