chris86

'90s, 2000s Acoustic Songs?

chris86    0

:helpsmili Can anyone suggest some acoustic songs of these two eras? I am very much much still an '80s guy who is trying to update and learn to play the more current songs. At the moment I only know "High and Dry" from Radiohead and "Strong Enough" from Sheryl Crow, which are really cool.

Thanks, Happy New Year!:yes:

cshude    0

Good question- I'm in the same boat as you. I stopped listening to "current" radio sometime in the early 90's. The only songs I can think of off the top of my head that come to mind as more recent than the early 90's are:

- World I Know - Collective Soul

- Simple Man - somebody remade the classic Skynyrd song

I'm sure there are a bunch of others that are either straight out acoustic or have the potential for "unplugging".

BTW, welcome aboard.

Lcjones    8

Lest we forget, many acoustic artists from the 60's, 70's and 80's are still making tunes well into the 90's, and the 00's. Dylan, Cash, Lightfoot, Taylor, Prine to name just a very few. Just because they are seniors now, doesn't mean their music is old. :)

The Dude    0

hey, what about big log by robert plant. i think that came out in the 90's. its an awsome song, and rocks just as hard as any electric (no disrespect ment to accustic songs, it was supposed to be a compliment)

cshude    0

Big Log came out in 1983, I think. Got the tape 'round here somewhere. Sweet song- it was actually done with a clean electric tone.

chris86    0

Thanks for all the help guys! I have managed to uncover a few on my own as well. For the benefit of those interested, they are:

"Love will keep us alive" from the Eagles,

"Send me an angel" from the Scorpions and

"Ain't seen love like that" from Mr. Big.

Happy jamming!