marinoFret

Guitar strings replacement

marinoFret    0

I've been playing guitar for 6 months and now it's the first time I have to re-string my guitar by myself... I'm really having hard time...:brickwall: I play acoustic-electric guitar (steel strings).

Is there any good (video) tutorial on the Internet that explains the string replacement process?

---- By the way: ----

Every how much time I have to re-string my guitar? 6 months? Do I have to use the same brand of strings?

WTouch    0

MarinoFret

I will save you a lot of money and time, theres a youtube video from overdrive or something that teaches you how to restring. However Make sure that you have the *right string gauge. i kept buying light guages and kept restringing them wrong, ran me around 50 bucks until i saw that video. then i found out my guitar uses medium guages. . . so i went ahead bought strings. I'm not experience in types of strings, but i re-strung my guitar using elixers, d' addario and now Dean Markley Alchemy strings which i have on now. i perfer the Dean Markley strings because it doesnt "break" easily when you are restringing them or strumming it hard. the elixirs snapped at me althought they are good strings.

will

Hey    0

I'd do it about once every mounth, and henry b, how do you change two stings at the same time? but anyway, I bet you could find something on youtube, just type in the key words of your problem.

And this site should have a lesson for that... If not, it will be a good idea for someone to make one...

WTouch    0

since the topic is still strings, just wondering if taking all the strings out to restring them is bad because it doesnt keep the tension on the headstock, or it doesnt matter? i heard that it will damage the guitar and i also heard that its a myth.

Hey    0

That is so a myth WTouch, think of when the make the guitar, they dont make it with stings on it. But no, its not true, or to my knoledge. Also, thats how I change my stings, I take all of them off before putting the stings on and I have no problems.

WTouch    0
That is so a myth WTouch, think of when the make the guitar, they dont make it with stings on it. But no, its not true, or to my knoledge. Also, thats how I change my stings, I take all of them off before putting the stings on and I have no problems.

thanks alot now im less guilty about changing my string by taking all of it off.

I took all my strings off when I put new strings on, mainly because i was replacing the pickups. ;P

When I restrung it, I just put them through one at a time and left the strings slightly slack until they were all on. Then I tensioned them up from outside to inside. 1, 6, 2, 5, 3, 4... Like that, to keep the tension somewhat even.

henry b    0
I'd do it about once every mounth, and henry b, how do you change two stings at the same time? but anyway, I bet you could find something on youtube, just type in the key words of your problem.

And this site should have a lesson for that... If not, it will be a good idea for someone to make one...

I was meaning for to keep the windings on the post the same .:clap:

seasonnie    0
I've been playing guitar for 6 months and now it's the first time I have to re-string my guitar by myself... I'm really having hard time...:brickwall: I play acoustic-electric guitar (steel strings).

Is there any good (video) tutorial on the Internet that explains the string replacement process?

---- By the way: ----

Every how much time I have to re-string my guitar? 6 months? Do I have to use the same brand of strings?

For how to change the guitar strings, you can refer to wikihow.com

Hope it helps :smilinguitar: