Kirk Lorange

New lesson format

Should I keep the virtual fretboad in the lessons?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should I keep the virtual fretboad in the lessons?

• Yes
    • No

EVOJEFF    0

Hi all,

Just to say I am happy with the format as it is at the moment, I don't really find it any more useful. However that may be just the way I have got used to its present form.

I think it's a great site and appreciate the time devoted to the lessons for our benefit.:winkthumb:

Regards

Jeff

golef    0

Looks Cool but I did buy Guitar Pro and it does show the fret board if needed.

You do are a great teacher and I get more from your lesson's and tab than the videos I use them for a quick look and listen but then use the tab and guitar pro files for pratice.

Greg

18strings    0

I'm new here and right now I like it. And I willing to help support this site with a donation. I don't know how many guitarist visit this site, but if each one gave a dollar or two, it would help out a lot I'm sure. Especially if you are receiving something to help your growth in playing the guitar from GFBAB, we should all give back in return. You know, give and it shall be given unto you.

eddiez152    129

Kirk,

I think its absolutly fantastic, and thank you for the effort to do so. But I agree with most, show me the finger work. Then I'll find a program that makes the dot's.

By the way how did you do that.

eddiez152

jarhed    0

I really like the visual fretboard !!!

It shows me exactly where you put each finger and when. I watch your fretting hand but cannot always tell if one of your fingers is on or off a string. I wish you had the visual fretboard on your "Starry, Starry Night" lesson - that would help me out very much.

Keep up the good work !

Ken

Bugger Hey    0

G'day, what can I say that an't be said,

mmmm, but think I put my 2 Bob's worth in any'ah.

To me it looks good, as you get to see where your fingers should be, and it works on a 3 point referance to go by.

As for the time it takes to prepare, and is it worth it, that in it self is for the teacher to decide, and the pupils to work out over time, me I'd giv't 6 or so lessons and then see if is doing it's job.

Well that's my 2 Bob's worth, but then I only a newbie.....

newlite    0

for a song that has a bit more then Auld Lang Syne it would be helpful. but for something as simple as Auld Lang Syne, if you cant get that from the tabs, it wont help yah any anyway...

davek500    0

I use dots in my paper lessons, s I know how much work they are. I even color mine. I like them here, although I understand the distraction thing. I voted to keep them, because I think every little bit helps.

danthelion    0

Hi Kirk

Long time since I last posted, but I think your lessons are just fine the old way, mind you I do read the tab as well, if someone doesn't read the tab, the dots could be handy.

I guess you don't want anyone to sue you though for having "easy" lessons without the dots :-)

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1748&d=1149822254

Keep up the great work!

All the best

Dan

That was very funny danthelion. Gilmour, Moore, Knophler, Lemmy,King and not to mention, the UK's very own Dawn French in her early days. First time I've seen this. What was the programme.:laughingg::claping::winkthumb:

737blues    0
That was very funny danthelion. Gilmour, Moore, Knophler, Lemmy,King and not to mention, the UK's very own Dawn French in her early days. First time I've seen this. What was the programme.:laughingg::claping::winkthumb:

It's been on the forum a couple of times. Very funny. I think this is the original post and it was the French & Saunders show apparently.

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2529&highlight=dots

kennlock    0

I'm new here too. If the polls were still open, I'd vote yes and give my reasons. But at the same time, I'd have to agree with most of you who had very good reasons for not keeping the new feature. It's all about time time time. So if Kirk can find an automated way, or an old fashioned programmer, or what have you, great. But hey, he only has 22 hours and 118 minutes and 120 seconds in a day, right?, just like the rest of us. (That's just a small example of what Kirk would have to go through every time, if someone gave you the hours minutes and seconds like that. We all know I am really saying 24 hours.) I like the new feature, in fact that feature was here when I got here this week, so I didn't know any different until today, Sunday, February 25th, 2007! I have praised this site in public on the forum, and in a private message to Kirk. It is immensely helpful, and he sacrifices much for us "would be" as well of those of you who ARE real muscicians! Just a few days has taught me a lot, though I know I have a heck of a long way to go.

Thanks Kirk. You shine, and I don't care if the poles say 70 + percent. You do what you think is best. I bet after all the rangling, if you re-opened the poles, the numbers would be a whole lot different now! Seriously,

Kennlock...

Ken Lockhart

Flushing, Michigan

(same town as CShude, who introduced me to GFBAB. Thanks Chris. You are one good guitar dude too!)