- - - - -

It's All Over Now Baby Blue - just a little more Dylan

6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lcjones

• Active Members

• 2,738 posts
  • Joined 10-January 06

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:07 AM

OK, I've hit into a Dylan mode ..... ;) besides, who can get enough Dylan? :)

I went to grab my C harp and looks like the grandkids got there before I did. Dylan does a nice harmonica riff at the end of the song. I was all prepped and... well there you have it. Grandkids and things that make noise! :)

Anyway, heres a fairly bland Dylan cover that turns into an exercise in strumming! Straight forward strumming pattern for those who wish to work on strumming.

Chords.. C / G / F / Dm / E in standard tuning.

It's All Over Now Baby Blue - HiFi [3.9Mb @ 3:57]

Respect The Music
I'll saddle up my pony so I wont be so lonely, at least I know his heart is true

#2 OFFLINE   solidwalnut

Moderator | Lesson Contributor

• Lesson Contributors

• 2,098 posts
  • Joined 12-October 06

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:19 AM

Dang, Les. I thought maybe that was Dylan singing there for a minute ;-) Nice job!
Steve Cass
Solid Walnut Music/ASCAP

Becoming a great guitarist has less to do with fancy moves than it does becoming a master of the basics and learning musicianship.
It's not what you can't do. It's how you play what you already know.

View my lessons here at GfB&B

"Rhythm guitar is a trip that alot of people miss" -- Tom Petty

#3 OFFLINE   OldG

• Active Members
  • 761 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:28 AM

Real sweet Dylan vibe goin' on there,Les.. who can get enough Dylan? - not me!

How do ya fancy a crack at 'One more cup of coffee' or 'Sweetheart like you'?:D

#4 OFFLINE   coldethyl

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 6,729 posts
  • Joined 15-November 05

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:23 AM

Great going Les!

Sounds like a mixture of Dylan with some Petty in your vocals.
"Good Music is that which penetrates the ear with facility and quits the memory with difficulty" Thomas Beecham

#5 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,257 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:34 AM

Yet another gem, Les. The reindeer armies certainly have come home, and just in time for Christmas too. When I hear you play Dylan (I'm a life long Dylan fan, in case you haven't noticed) I'm so impressed, and then dismayed because I know I'll never be that good no-matter how long I practice (sigh!). But it really does inspire me to keep trying, so I'm very happy that you're in a 'Dylan mode' and the more the better as far as I'm concerned.
I'm a beginner at strumming, so can you give us the strumming pattern? I've just read the 'figuring out strumming' thread so will try to do some work on it now with this to strum along to. Are you using the Dylan style G/C chord-ons in this sample?
btw, your strumming on this is so smooth - the rythm never wavers, it's rock-solid and really drives the song along (sigh!), certainly something to aim for - well done :rockon:
One good thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

#6 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,257 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 24 December 2006 - 01:10 AM

Don't worry about the strumming pattern, Les - when I tried it, it was pretty obvious. This is a great track to play along with and practise your strumming, folks :yes: Thanks Les
One good thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

#7 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,257 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 24 December 2006 - 01:36 AM

Don't know if you're interested, but I found someone who says that in 'Don't Look Back' you can see Dylan tuning the 6th string down to C and using a capo on 2 for this song that he plays to Donovan in the hotel room. He reckons this allows him to plug away at the C base note while leaving his pinky free to hammer on an F on string 4 to give a Csus4. He maintains that he is using Donovan's guitar that is tuned 1 semi-tone down, so you need Capo 1 to play along with the video. OK, it's trivia.... but maybe I have a trivial mind :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users