Clancy

An iPod... do you have one? and are you happy with it?

An iPod... do you have one? and are you happy with yours?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. An iPod... do you have one? and are you happy with yours?

• Yes, I have one and I'm happy with it.
    • Yes, I have one but I'm NOT happy with it.
    • No I don't have an iPod, I have another brand of mp3 player.
    • I don't use any kind of mp3 player.

Jmagge    0

I have an ipod video since they first came out last year and its still my best present and take it eveywere!!! its the bestest thing i have exsept my guitar also hehe!

fly135    5

I have a 30GB iPod. It has a color screen but it's the model before video. I bought it because it was used and only cost $150. The user interface can't be beat. The scrolling wheel is it's best feature.

D-Dawn    0

My teens got the 30gb Ipod videos this year...they are too cool..who'd have thought you could watch an entire movie on a 2 1/2 inch screen and enjoy it?!? They are way cool and Mom and Dad now rock for buying them...lol...for at least another week anyway...sigh

Itunes is a bit of a pain, but we're getting the hang of it. :)

solidwalnut    5
My teens got the 30gb Ipod videos this year...they are too cool..who'd have thought you could watch an entire movie on a 2 1/2 inch screen and enjoy it?!? They are way cool and Mom and Dad now rock for buying them...lol...for at least another week anyway...sigh

Itunes is a bit of a pain, but we're getting the hang of it. :)

Ahhh, I know what you mean. We got our 17 year old daughter a nano for her birthday last year, and now the parents are the best thing since sliced bread :yes:

CanuckTodd    0

I have an ipod nano, my daughter has a mini shuffle, and I just got another ipod this year for Christmas. Amazing little tool. I convert my own tunes, buy songs on itunes for 99 cents, then transport them around, use them to learn songs I like on guitar. I also listen to my own guitar tunes. Itunes is an amazingly easy software to use to manage the content on your ipod. I bought a sound system it plugs into (Altec Lansing) for under $100 bucks and it has amazing sound. I intend to make playlists from my CDs and then use this as my personal stereo system.

It's kind of like the one below.

http://www.alteclansing.com/product_details.asp?pID=VS4221

I'm a Mac guy anyway, but the ipod sure works for me.

mcknett    1

I got one when they first came out...filled it up with music left...got the next version...got one for my son...replaced it when it was stolen...got the next version...almost filled it up...when my wife told me she wanted one for school and workouts she made me get a new one (How I love that woman!). I have the large video unit now...only 5000 tunes on it. The only videos on it are my Tae Kwon Do forms which come in very handy from time to time.

As for the tunes, I don't believe in pirating. My entire CD collection, some of my tapes and even some of my vinyl have made it on there. I still buy CD's when iTunes doesn't have what I want, but mostly I shop on iTunes.

I'll admit, I'm a shameless Mac fan. (And I work as a Systems Analyst in a Windows/Unix/AS400 world - go figure!)

cmmcgarry5    0

I got a little Creative Zen V plus for christmas.

It's got a voice recorder & an FM radio which I don't think the ipod has.

Other than that, I didn't mind what player I got.

solidwalnut    5
I'll admit, I'm a shameless Mac fan. (And I work as a Systems Analyst in a Windows/Unix/AS400 world - go figure!)

That's alright. You can feel normal now that Intel cpu's have made it to the Mac world!

Stratrat    0
i love my $40 iRiver one...

The iRivers work great too. I still have my old 128MB and 256MB iRiver players.....they're very compact, great for when I workout, run (outside or on the treadmill), etc. They've held up real well despite being abused (dropped, headphones yanked out while running, etc.). Much smaller than the iPod, so they're easy to stick in a pants pocket or wherever.

In fact, that just gave me a thought......I just bought a mini-Strat and a tiny little practice amp that I'm going to keep in my car so I can sneak in some practice while out and about - maybe I'll load that little 128MB iRiver up with some BT's and throw it in there too!

peterm    0

Hi Clancy,

Good poll. Being a confirmed linux geek, I bought a creative zen a few years ago in preference to the ipod initially because of the difficulty of talking to an ipod from my linux laptop.

However after seeing the new macbooks that are out now, and especially the fact that the sound on them has almost zero latency when recording I am considering jumping on the Mac bandwagon again myself.

Cheers

Peter

Clancy    36

Seems like Apple may be forced to change their ways.

A class-action lawsuit accuses Apple of antitrust behavior due to the fact that songs bought from iTunes can only be played by iPods or iTunes (as well as cell phones made in partnership with Apple). Apple tried to have the suit dismissed, claiming that forced interoperability would inhibit innovation, but the judge wouldn't dismiss the case, which is now headed to a "case management conference" on Jan. 22nd.

Full story here - http://www.wired.com/news/columns/0,72412-0.html

peterm    0

Hmmm Apple do seem to be trying hard to outdo microsoft with the bullying tactics. I am not sure what the current status og the Creative v Apple lawsuit is but last I saw Apple were just trying to scare them off by throwing in over the top counter suits.

Dilemma, should I support this sort of behaviour??? But then that macbook pro sure does look nice :brickwall:

karateQueen    0

I'm very happy with my ipod.I have a 4GB Nano (older stlye of nano). Dont use it that much anymore as i used to listen to it when cycling to work, but since upgrading to a 125 scooter i dont listen to music under my helmet.

GotDeeBlues    3

I bought a 8 gig Nano and for some reason I can't get it reconnized by my PC. I set it aside for the time being, I'll just have to get some time to play around with it. Probably should have bought a Zune since all my music is on a second hard drive in WMA format.

Seems like Apple may be forced to change their ways.

Full story here - Who's Killing MP3 and ITunes?

Not the the same thing --- but the folks at songbird are working hard to keep their open source music player iPod compatible. I've down loaded it and need to do some testing. Key here is not to be upgrading your iPod firmware as the good folks at Apple tweak it to make it not work with songbird. Of course the folks at songbird then reverse engineer and update songbird.

But bottom line is ... the iPod and iTunes just work. As a former engineer I have to give Apple credit for great integration and innovation.

BaconHero    0

Ipod? Had 2 or 3. Was pretty happy with them when I had them, but since I switched to a Sony walkman with the noise cancelling, I told myself I will NEVER, EVER go back to ipod again.

Just compare a walkman to an ipod. The difference in sound is astounding. Plus with a walkman, you don't have to deal with itunes. That is seriously the worst software I've had the bad luck to use - right up there with the early MSN messenger.

But TS - if you're still not into itunes, I'd recommend winamp (or other similar softwares) to sort your songs. I did it with my ipod nano and never even had to install itunes. I don't think it's possible with an iphone or ipod touch right now, though.

I have an ipod and I'm over the moon with it. it's one of the best inventions on the the market (as far as music media is concerned) I have an 8gb and have all ac/dc + some clapton Eagles,Dire straits,Kings of leon, the four seasons,genisis,whitesnake,the planet sweet,Queen,Greenday,beachboys,evervesance,Smashing pumkins and a few more. It's all there in my pocket . I also have a docking station that goes with me when I go for long weekends .

I am going to get a 32gb soon. They are a great little tool.

Doug    12

I lost my 80 gig iPod last month and since it didn't turn up, I just recently bought 32Gig touch. Too cool. I did have to pare down some of the songs, but i now have pictures on it too. And the number of apps is crazy. I downloaded a guitar tuner app that works very well.

It's great to carry your whole music collection with you at all times. Including GfB&B members' songs. ;)

carol m    64

I don't have an ipod. I have a Sandisk 4 gig player I got for $49. You can have photos or videos on it and it also has an FM radio. It's easy to transfer anything onto it. The sound is fine, it's smaller than an ipod, I'm perfectly happy with it and I don't think I need anything more. I don't really need more gigs although it wouldn't be bad to have a bit more space, but I'm not thinking of buying something else. I don't understand why anyone would pay a lot more for an ipod when it doesn't include a radio. :escape: