marinoFret

How many guitars do you have?

Ahhhh....Rockerbob.........I just saw your pic..........you need a little room to move around there a little.........send a few of your off-breeds to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

hb

There are at least 2 more that are not in the group photo, but I still feel I have room for more. At least one more - always!

There are at least 2 more that are not in the group photo, but I still feel I have room for more. At least one more - always!

Of course there is always room for more, and there always will be. Even if we live in a shed.:smilinguitar:

Those that I have, in order of (current) frequency of use:

Squier Affinity Stratocaster in Brown Sunburst

Squier Bullet Stratocaster in Saphire Blue (I think it is)

Monterey Vintage Replica '50s Stratocaster in Surf Green

Wayne Les Paul Custom in Black

Those that I want:

Some 'standard' (non-dreadnaught) steel string acoustic

Les Paul Standard (or Custom?) in (Fiddleback) Light Sunburst

Fender Stratocaster (standard or something yet to be determined - I still want a REAL Strat :) )

So that comes to 4 in the house now, ultimately maybe 7 ...but that's only a starting point - you can never have too many :)

At one point I had way to much equipment, I know I just spoke blasphemy but it's true :yes: . I needed to find a way to slim down my gear list while retaining the power that I was used to. So after the fog of war cleared this is what I kept and purchased after selling a lot of gear..

Cheers,

Dave

My gear list:

x1 Les Paul studio Gothic (1st edition)

x1 Schector c-7 blackjack

x2 Ibanez Electric acoustics

x1 El cheapo 7 string (got it when I was stationed in Korea)

Rack:

Cadence road case

Digitech 2112 w/2120 upgrade and controller one pedal board

sabine tuner

furman power conditioner

nady 31 band dual channel eq

Behringer 500 watt power amp

speakers:

4x12 behringer BG412s cab

RB,

Now wouldn't it be nice play all of them at one time. Hey, got an idea.

A new tune called the mix, and each guitar gets a 3-4 bars.

Carl and I have talked about trying to do a tune that uses all the guitars. It would be a helluva project.

I dont have any guitars i just use my dads he has a very nice accustic (if thats how you spell it) and a steel string, that ones pretty crappy though. I should be getting a steel string though ive been looking in guitar stores and found a couple nice ones that dont cost much.

I still have my trusty Peavy Firenza that I've had for a few years. I play it thru a Roland Cube 60 amp that came with my old music workstation early in the 90s (a Roland D20 kb, Korg M1R, Tascam Porta-Two Studio and Boss MA-12 speakers). Old skool, ya, but I only use the Firenza and the Cube amp anymore. Have a nice Washburn D-25 acoustic that sits in its case. A Samick LS-25 with Danelectro Dirty-30 and Fender Bassman amps that I got from a down-and-out friend of a friend several years ago; I use it a lot for trying out stuff I see on the web. Lastly, a Kay3 kid-size nylon acoustic I got from a friend last week; it's been in storage for 9 years, and I hope my 4 yo nephew can start playing it within the next year or so.

I have 4.. A Morgan W200-NLH acoustic, Taylor 414-CE, Cort M200, BC Rich Warlock, Gibson Les Paul Std. all lefthanded..

6889.attach

I have just one acoustic.

Wow Rockerbob you have rather a lot. Which one is your favourite and whats the one lying on the floor called?

"A lot" is subjective. I'm sure there are more that I should have. :rolleyes:

The red one in front is a Steel Guitar. Commonly called a lapsteel guitar to differentiate from a pedal steel guitar.

I have:

Simon and Patrick 6 string

Simon and Patrick 12 string

Walden Classical

Parker P-36 Acoustic/Electric

Washburn Travel Guitar

Goya 6 String

My daughter also has:

Art and Lutherie 6 string

Samick electric

Bass (forget model)

So, we're doing not too bad!

Nutty

2004 Gibson SG (Worn Cherry)

2007 Agile AL-2000 (Goldtop)

1984 Fender Squire Bullet H2 MIJ

Ovation Applause AA21 (Hybrid AE)

Vintage 60's Teisco E-110 (Vintage Sunburst)

Johnson Strat Copy (Blue)

Vintage Small Scale Strat Style (Hybrid)

Congrats Mac...when are we going to hear it? :yes::dunno:

When I learn to play it! :D

Mandolins are tuned just like fiddles (violins) - GDAE. Perfectly backwards from the bottom 4 strings of a guitar, so all the chord positions are completely different than they are on a guitar. I'm in the process of learning the chords, and about the only thing I've learned to (somewhat) play on it so far is "Battle Of Evermore" by Led Zeppelin (very cool song to play, though!). My goal is to learn to play bluegrass - the mandolin features very prominently in that genre of music.

I'll tell ya one thing - after you play the mando' with its little tiny fretboard for a while and switch back to the guitar, the guitar's fretboard feels HYOOOGE. It suddenly feels like you have all the room in the world between strings and frets!

2001 Ibanez ED900 Bass

1999 Taylor 714ce with Fishman Prefix onboard blender

1995 Martin D1 with Fishman package

1985 Guild F42NT

1981 Washburn D21SB

1979 Les Paul 'The Paul' solidwalnut electric

Just to update this list, I'm now the proud owner of a 2007 Paul Reed Smith Custom 22, Tobacco Sunburst. What a unique sounding axe. It's got great tonal qualities.