Lcjones

How do you listen? Headphones or Speakers

How do you listen to your digitized music? Headphones or Speakers?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How do you listen to your digitized music? Headphones or Speakers?

• Headphones
    • Speakers

Speakers for me. I know you usually get better sound out of headphones, but for some reason I find the exclusion of ambient sounds to be uncomfortable.

Like Mac, I too prefer to listen to my music through the speakers especially for the bass, but there are times when (at night) I wanna listen to my music without disturbing anyone, so I can put on the headphones, lay back, relax and crank it up if I want to.

Mostly I listen with speakers during the day when I'm doing other things, but if I want to really listen closely, or I don't want to disturb others, then headphones definately make it a more 'intense' experience (have to watch out for the volume so you don't damage your hearing, though)

I voted for speakers, cuz technically for "digitized music" thats what i use...

A pair of 15" FOH Mid range spkeakers..

But for recording, i use headphones, a pair of seinhouser (sp) something or others.

I have to say that I'm a critical listener. I mean, I DO listen to much of my music on speakers, but I love being critical with the mix and panning schemes. To me, headphones are tools, but I get a ton of enjoyment out of listening that way.

Headphones for me... most of the time anyway. Interesting that speakers are winning out in this poll... I thought it would have been headphones for sure.

Clancy

Speakers get the vote here, headphones can be a bit too immersive for everyday use. We nearly always got music playing somewhere in the house - beats switching on the TV!

Headphones can be a bit too immersive for everyday use.

That's an excellent way of phrasing what I was trying to say.

We nearly always got music playing somewhere in the house - beats switching on the TV!

You've got that right!!! Sorry to hear it's the same in the UK as it is here.....TV, by and large, is a brain-dead wasteland (IMO). Just about all I ever watch on the 'tube anymore is sporting events and some of the music channels.

You've got that right!!! Sorry to hear it's the same in the UK as it is here.....TV, by and large, is a brain-dead wasteland (IMO). Just about all I ever watch on the 'tube anymore is sporting events and some of the music channels.

Gasp ... No TV ? But how do you know what to eat, do, wear, buy and say? :dunno:

Usually headphones BTW, hate 90% of TV too.