6string

Paying for tab

Did you ever buy guitar tab or music notation that was a total waste of money  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Did you ever buy guitar tab or music notation that was a total waste of money

• Yes I paid for guitar tab and or music notation only to find out it was a waste my hard earned money.
    • No I'm happy with every purchases I've made.

Alfcarguy    0

There's also a hinderiing thing always learning by tab. Your like stuck in a box we'll say.

And you come dependent on it. In the late 80's and 90's there wasn't all this tab stuff, that comes so easy these days. And most of it was crap. But at that time I was young and wanted the quick fix and not have to spend the time learning a song getting to know the pattern there using. Say for instance the song by Minnie Driver: Fast as you can. Its a good song but no tab for it,or none that I know of, it comes down also well I could wait for someone to get the chordings for it or I can jump in and do it myself and not have to depend upon tab all the time. But get a little ear training in at the same time. So thats what I done. But also some of the stuff I was into way back like Metallica, Megadeth, Sabbath. Stuff like that you listen to it and you think how in the heck. So in that I became dependent on it and was stuck in my little box. And would never try to work out a song for myself. But one thing I did have going for me was I played lead, in the bands I was in or playing with another guitar player. So that helped me see some patterns or helps me. I am just trying to say why limit yourself to one thing. Here where I live most of these younger guitarist I met or what not most don't know anything about lead guitar ( they can not solo ) they may play okay or some what okay rhythm. This all is about growing and not staying in your comfort zones and you can't tell me you don't know what I mean by that. :) I had stayed in my comfort zone for years. But these day's if I hear something I like I take the time to figure it out, I've been going into some movies that came out on Showtime a few years ago and there was some songs I liked there's no way tab would be for them, so I knew I had to figure them out myself. In the late to early 90's a guy I knew bought one song for like $50 there's places that still do it. Any song you want they will sheet music it for you and some guitar teachers will do it but it comes with a price ( There Time ).