learning to pick

Best Guitarist of all time!

scotty_b    16

Bowie plays acoustic on some of his albums.

I feelk there is a short=coming in these polls, as music cannot be quantified in accurate measurement of skill/achievement/results. A comparison of Bradman with all other batsmen in cricket is a sustainable argument, as the object of a batsmen in cricket is to score runs,and the figures stack up to put forward a fairly good case toi state Bradman was the greatest batsmen to wield the willow.

It is far more subjective to argue that Hendrix was better than Clapton, because they possesed different skills and (here come the contentious part) Hendrix did not possess Clapton's soloing skills, yet EC did not have Hendrix's rhythm playing chops. I doubt either of them could have stood up to Chet playing fingerstyle, as he probably wouldn't have been at home playing with Satch or Vai. There is no consistent set of criteria by which we can evaluate these great players achievements.

I think we should celebrate the great players for being 'themselves' because that is who they are best at being, and it is merely subjective opinion to suggest otherwise.

737blues    0
Axl Rose isn't even a guitarist dude.... I think you meant Slash...

Had a Google and came up with a couple of hits for Axi Rose and lots for Axl and Guns n' Roses, of course. The references to Axi were on non-english language sites and seemed to be talking about a performer in alternative rock or similar modern genre. Not sure if they were in fact, referring to a guitarist named Axi, or if it was a non-english way of referring to Axl. Care to enlighten us, learning to pick? Got me curious now.

Strafe    0

I'm always amazed by the skill of some guitarists like Don Felder and Joe Walsh (Eagles) :guitardude: , and world fame isn't for me a factor in deciding :) . I agree it's completely subjective :winkthumb:

coldethyl    0

The best guitarist of all time can often be a very deep and sometimes controversial topic. But, having said that, I don't think it would be any on your list.

Stratrat    0

Trying to choose the best guitarist of all time is like trying to pick the best food of all time.....it's highly subjective, depends on what you like, and you'll never get everyone to agree! :)

jokeboy    0

The best guitarist of all time? Which genre would you be speaking of? Rock, jazz, blues, blue grass, klezmer? Is Pat Matheny better than Ricky Scaggs? Is Jimi Hendrix better than Django Rheinhardt? Apples and oranges buddy, apples and oranges.