Jump to content
Angry Koala

Loose input jack

Recommended Posts

Angry Koala    0

Hey guys,

I've got an Epiphone Sheraton II with a loose input jack. I just hand tighten the nut every now and then, but it's quite irritating at times having to do it repeatedly :mad:

Does you guys know of anything I could pick up (perhaps at StewMac?) to take care of this? I have local shops where I pick up stuff, but I wouldn't trust them to work on my gear.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

- Sam

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
eddymree    0

There is a tool that tightens loose input jacks on electric guitars and basses. It's called JackTight. It costs less than $20 and doesn't require you to disassemble your guitar. You can check out a demo and order it at JackTight.com.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
nickcallear    5

Jacktight looks relly useful. I might have to invest in one as its not a bad price.

I also had a similar problem with my aria which i no longer have.I dont think it helped having a two year old fiddling with it. I fount it relly annoying at times and the amount of times i lost the nut off it was unreal.

I hope you get the problem sorted out soon.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
karcey    42

Now that this member's problem has been answered, I'd like to pose a question to the forum, especially those electric players who know their way around the technical features of the guitar.

Why is the output jack of an electric guitar known as an input jack? Amplifiers I can understand because they have input jacks for signal from guitar or mic and output jacks for headphones etc. But the guitar only produces a signal, therefore it only has output.

So if someone knows the reason, let's have your input ... or should that be output?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy S    9

To try an answer to Karcey's question, why is the jack for the signal OUT called an input jack. Probably mental laziness on the part of people in general. Since a person plugs something INTO it to get a signal out, they just went with that terminology, rather than go with the actual electronic signal path terminology.

Probably would've given too many headaches to bass players trying to figure it out!! (oooh SOrry! Couldn't resist!):rolleyes:

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.