It's just an el-cheapo Fender Starcaster, but it sure looks pretty. Pretty much a Strat with cheaper materials. It has a nice sound to it, not great, but not bad either. Great considering I spent a whopping $99.71 on the guitar, practice amp, carrying bag, stand, strap, cable, picks, and full enclosure headphones for the amp though!

3197.attach

3198.attach

Thats nice. it don't matter what you payed for the guitar and rig, it's your and your proud of it. most guitars are a thing of beauty. Your strat look's as good as an American strat. cool.

Where the heck is Uranus! No don't answer that.

funkypadre    2

More and more, I am seeing excellent strat copies... Love the maple neck on a strat body... How does it sound and who makes it? I tried one by a maker called J.Reynolds and had a hard time distinguishing from an American Fender.

More and more, I am seeing excellent strat copies... Love the maple neck on a strat body... How does it sound and who makes it? I tried one by a maker called J.Reynolds and had a hard time distinguishing from an American Fender.

It sounds really, really good. I gotta get some new tuning hardware though, it doesn't seem to want to stay in tune. It's actually made by Fender themselves. It is a first-party knock-off of their flagship guitar. It's called the Starcaster, and it is sold at Sam's Clubs, Best Buy, and amazon.com...

BTW, I'm entering a paint scheme contest run by a somewhat local shop, they are going to custom paint the winner's guitar with their paint scheme. Wondering what others think of my 'Slaughterhouse Strat' paint scheme!

3252.attach

funkypadre    2

Interesting design...did they provide you with a template to paint?

I have seen these Starcasters everywhere... No chance to try. Does anyone know if the Squier series was eliminated?

Ok... my neighbor dinged my guitar while playing it, so I designed a sticker to cover it.. Then I added a few more. ;P

I'll post another picture next week after i install the new pickups(with black covers) and black knobs.

3371.attach

EFinFLA    0
I gotta get some new tuning hardware though, it doesn't seem to want to stay in tune.

That tremelo is probably to blame. You'd be better off blocking the trem than buying new tuners.

That tremelo is probably to blame. You'd be better off blocking the trem than buying new tuners.

Actually that problem seems to have corrected itself recently... I'm thinking the strings just took an inane amount of time to settle in.

MC.exe    0
Ok... my neighbor dinged my guitar while playing it, so I designed a sticker to cover it.. Then I added a few more. ;P

I'll post another picture next week after i install the new pickups(with black covers) and black knobs.

Nice, what pickups are you going for?

Nice, what pickups are you going for?

Meh.. They are just a cheap set of overwounds(middle pup reverse-wound to be hum cancelling in positions 2+4) to replace the stock crappers in my guitar. Bought em from GFS. They retail for $52.95 for the set, but they are on blowout for $16.95. ;P

Further down the line, when I can actually play... I'll be buying a set of their Premium Texas Staggers.

Oh I will. I'm gonna be putting a new Graph tech nut on the guitar, those pickups, and someone also bought me a package of Snarling Dogs Extra Light strings. I'll be doing all of that at once.

MC.exe    0
Meh.. They are just a cheap set of overwounds(middle pup reverse-wound to be hum cancelling in positions 2+4) to replace the stock crappers in my guitar. Bought em from GFS. They retail for $52.95 for the set, but they are on blowout for $16.95. ;P

Further down the line, when I can actually play... I'll be buying a set of their Premium Texas Staggers.

Aha, cool. I'm looking to get some black pickups for my strat also.

lunchbox07    0

nice guitar. when i played that one at the guitar store i didnt like the sound of it as much as the first one i picked out. (the ibanez RG series) so i decided to get the ibanez. :winkthumb:

about the guitar not staying in tune; does all guitars do that? cause im having the same little problem. :guitardude:

My best advice if the guitar is somewhat new, or the strings... Everyday give em a yank straight up from the fretboard once or twice to help get the stretching done. After 4-5 days of heavy playing and doing that, they should be stretched. I finally started doing that... and now my guitar can go 3-4 days, with an hour of play each day and still only be 4-6 cents off from 0. No more need to stretch the strings. =)

EFinFLA    0

Be careful on the stretching, as too much can be a bad thing. I used to stretch the heck out of mine until I bought some DR Blues and they recommend (who reads string instructions? I actually did) NO stretching at all. Apparently it can damage the wound strings.

Now when I put new strings on I tune them up, give them one easy pull, tune them back up to pitch, and leave them. They seem to last longer and stay in tune better now.

Here are some of my guitar and the new stuff that just came in today.

-Graph Tech Trem Nut(they sent 2 and only charged for the 1 I ordered, so I made out)

-Dava Control Pick Mini-Combo Pack

-Clayton Pick Combo Pack

-Dunlop Pickholder(applied to the back of the headstock to be out of sight) & Red Transparent Pick

-Snarling Dogs Extra Light Electric Guitar Strings

-Black Volume/Tone Knobs

-Black-Cover Overwound Pickups

--This stuff I had

-1 Red Brain Stipple Pick

-12-Pack Dickies Medium Guitar Pick Combo Pack

Also: I sent out for my 3 sets of free strings from Fender that came along with my guitar purchase. I got 3 different kind of strings; I figured it best to try and test many different varieties of things so I can see which I like best).

-Super Bullets™

-Stainless 350s

-Original 150's

3402.attach

3403.attach

3404.attach

funkypadre    2

I was checking out a starcaster the other day, and you're going to have a great set up for far below what these things are retailing.

Great for you...

I am keeping my eyes open.

What is GFS--the place where you purchased the pickups? I am looking for something to replace the humbuckers in a guitar I'd like to mod...

Cheers

So far I've only spent the $100, the other stuff was gifts, haha. GFS is guitarfetish.com, they sell fairly inexpensive, yet high quality guitar parts.

The next thing I buy is the premium alnico texas staggers, $63 or something like that. Then the SuperStrat wiring kit which is $33. So, for $196 total, I will have pretty much a custom strat-copy... Made by Fender at that.

Ok... so I successfully completed my first ever soldering job today in putting in my black overwound pickups. The guitar looks class, and it sounds pretty darn good if I say so myself!

The picture is just a crappy webcam pic until I can take a good one tomorrow. The two samples are of me playing the same rhythm before and after the pickup switch with the 5-way sitting on the bridge pickup. Tell me what ya think.

3422.attach

rhythm1.mp3

rhythm2.mp3