Clancy

New Signature Rule - no links in signatures.

We have decided as an across the board rule to no longer allow any links in signatures.

Links to members sites can still be added in the home page link which appears on each members profile page and also in the drop down username menu in each members post bit.

The problem has been that we allow some members to have links in signatures but not others depending on whether they link back or if they are linking to a commercial site... as most sites these days have some kind of advertising on it, it's hard to know which signatures to allow and which not to allow, so we have decided the fairest way is to make it an across the board rule.

Clancy

Guest johnny64

Makes sense Clancy, and i see your point as well. That should take the confusement out of things for you.

It means you can't put a link to another site in your signature.

Q: What is a signature?

A: It's a piece of text that you would like inserted at the end of all your posts.

Clancy

Hello, i,m just hoping to find some help with piano, and guitar, lessons, so i can learn to play at home when i get the chance to. But so far i have not had any luck. I have both a guitar, and a keyboard, but most of the time thay just set around and gather dust, I wish i could have learned to play when I was a child, but that did not happen, so it seams that when your older, it,s harder to learn, It would be a nice hobby, and this web-site does confuse me. So if I make any mistakes, on end up somewhere that I should not be, Sorry, I have,nt a clue What i,m doing when i,m on this web-site, THANK-YOU. THOMAS

Thomas, I have already emailed you about this, but just in case you didn't get the email, reading this is a good place to start - http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=890

Here are some beginner's guitar lessons to look at - http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34 - this one is a good one to start with the lessons - http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1337

As for keyboard lessons, well that's a whole other site you'll be looking for there. It's just guitar here.

Hope that helps.

Clancy

Hello Clancy, Well I have been trying to figure out some way to put up a couple short takes of other artist songs (cover). I opened a soundclick page last night and thought It would be ok to link to it from here. My cover's are usually only instrumental and only half of the song. Now the signature rule.:eek: Does this mean I can't link to my soundclick page???? . I bet you are pulling your Hair out over this cover issue, but I will support any decisions you make now or in the future to keep GFB&B Up and running. Thanks

Ok I think I understand. I have to cut and paste the link into the body of the post rather then put it in the attachments. I'm sorry if I'm being a pain in the rear with all this but I'm not very good on the PC. Tkx AT for you help

allthumbs,

Maybe a sticky example may help many. Perhaps a step by step one kind of like

Members message................

Place link to .......................

Thank you for listening,

eddiez

Ok I think I understand. I have to cut and paste the link into the body of the post rather then put it in the attachments. I'm sorry if I'm being a pain in the rear with all this but I'm not very good on the PC. Tkx AT for you help

Ok, there's a bit of confusion here. We don't allow links in signatures, that includes soundclick links...

This has nothing to do with adding a link in your post to your soundclick page.

But yes, you're right clearshadow, you don't add the link to your attachments. You only use the add attachment button when you need to upload a file from your computer. You would do that if you have a photo you want to post or a mp3 file of an original song.

You can just paste the link into the body of your post as you stated.

Hope that clears thing up. Let me know if it doesn't.

Cheers

Clancy