sublime90

a few questions about electric guitars

hi, currently i only have an acoustic guitar and im really intrested in picking up an electric. now ive only been playing for 2 months so im not really that good, but alot of people have told me its easier to learn on an electric than an acoustic, would you guys agree? now when it comes to an electric its my first one, ive never even plucked an electric string before and i dont want to spend more than $250 so im looking into those beginer packages. and out of all the beginer packages ive seen this one got the best reviews (Ibanez)

i cant post URL's yet but heres a description, if you want to see it go to musiciansfriend.com guitars/electric/valuepackages

The Ibanez IJS20 Jumpstart Basics Pack is a super value. The GAX guitar has everything you need (and nothing you don't) for heavy-duty modern rhythm and lead playing: two humbuckers, a 3-way switch, and a crystal-cut body of mahogany or agathis.

Pack includes: GAX guitar in black night, GTP10 10W amp, guitar strap, electronic tuner, padded gig bag, wooden guitar stand, picks, cable, and instructional DVD.

but im also wondering ...ive seen all these terms assosiated with electric guitars like...over drive,distorted, electric (clean), electric (jazz) now are those effects from the amplifier and or pedals? and that guitar also doesnt come with a whammy bar but that doesnt really matter to me, any insight is appreciated

thanks

It wouls help if you could tell me the model number There are 4 models of Gax from 30 to 70. I can find you a review if you can narrow it down. Starter packs tend to skimp on the quality of the amp so you may want to think about buying a guitar and amp seperately.

You would need fxs pedals with a tiny starter amp since it is probably bare bones. You should ask here for first electric suggestions.

While in some ways an electric is easier to play due to thinner strings, it has it's own learning curve to deal with. The advantage of going from acoustic to electric instread of the other way is that you will have the finger strength from playing acoustic while the electric player is going to struggle with the thick strings for a while.

i looked on the site and it doesnt say the model number but im guessing its the GAX30 heres a picture of it,it kind of looks like the 30 to me. i appreciate any help suggestions etc, im really intrested in buying an electric but i want to get the best i can with in my price range

3064.attach

This is the only review I could find. The key phrase is A good beginners guitar for 3 or4 years. Google for agile guitars at Rondo. They have good bang for the buck guitars.