Kevin Bowling

Buttons at bottom? Is it possible?

I dunno, maybe I'm asking for a lot but, sometimes these thread pages get pretty long. Some navigation back to the main forum page at the bottom (just like the top) would be very convenient. Seems like it might be an easy task but then again, maybe not.

I only mention it because I fooled around with web design for just a little while and one thing I learned was that easy navigation was critical in keeping visitors viewing your content. In simpler terms, you're supposed to be able to get to anywhere in a site from anywhere in a site easily.

I thought it was worth bringing up but if it's a major deal (such as having to code it into each individual page) then, please, disregard.

Great site, regardless.

Kevin

Wow. thanks. Problem solved. I never knew what that key was for. That'll help me all over the place.

I've never used the Home key either. That's quite handy. Thanks 6string.

As for the navigation at the bottom of the forum thread pages, I did have a duplicate of the breadcrumb navigation at the bottom of the thread pages at one stage... but I guess it was over-written with one of the template changes along the way.

Anyway, I've put it back on. I originally had it sitting just before the quick reply box, but I have now put it right down the bottom of the page just above the footer navigation as well... let me know where you think it works better and I'll take the other one off.

Thanks for the feedback Kevin.

Clancy

I noticed now that these buttons are gone again... why? Now I have to scroll all the way back up again to go to see those buttons... :/

Sure, there is the Home key thingy, but not everyone knows about that, and some people don't even want to learn, so I thought it could be worth putting them back.

Geez, can't get away with anything here... I did an upgrade on the forum last night and I guess the new template overwrote the nav bar... I did notice it was gone but since no-one ever mentioned anything in this thread about where they prefered it to sit out of the two places I put it... I didn't think it would be missed.

I can easily put it back on... you'll just need to tell me where you want it. Just below the last post in the thread or right down the bottom of the page above the footer nav bar.

Clancy