rustyshoes2000

Can You Add Vocals?

Hi rustyshoes2000

Well I'm not an expert with Guitar Pro, but I don't think it's meant for that, it does appear to be able to Export files as a MIDI.

If you have a MIDI file of a piece of music there are several other programs that can play the MIDI file whilst recording audio sounds in a wave format.

Sonar - is a program that will do this quite well. In fact you can record as many tracks (Layers) as you want.

Cubase is another.

I'm sure there are many more at a price.

Anyone else know an easier way???

Cheers buddy. I'll suss it out. The only thing I'm worried about though is losing the Real sounds and having to have polyphonic style songs. I've basically written an entire album (With no real talent) and have managed to burn it to a CD which the quality was killer, but without vocals It's a half finished Disasterpiece. So I hope it works. :winkthumb:

Cheers buddy. I'll suss it out. The only thing I'm worried about though is losing the Real sounds and having to have polyphonic style songs. I've basically written an entire album (With no real talent) and have managed to burn it to a CD which the quality was killer, but without vocals It's a half finished Disasterpiece. So I hope it works. :winkthumb:

Hi rustyshoes2000! One of the main things I have Learned about Midi Files & Polyphonic sounds as you call them, is to keep them to a "minimum". Using the Drums & Bass is fine. To add some organ OR Strings Or Pad sounds OR even some piano can sound OK.

The Problem with polyphonics is when you use too many backing sounds at once, then they tend to be more noticable than the "LIVE" sounds of the Guitar and Vocals. (Less is more! )

So the KISS method is best. Obviously the more "LIVE" tracks you have the better too.

The Quality will still be fine with Sonar that'a what it's meant for.

KB.

Okay, I've gotten hold of Sonar 6 and for someone who's computer skills are like the pope with a katana, its pretty daunting. I've burnt my guitar pro tracks to a CD and what I want to do is import them into Sonar and basically record lyrics over top. However,for some reason it won't let me record. The record icon just stares at me, mocking me. Any more help would be great.

Cheers,

RS2000

I have a similar question about the same program.. (version 5 though) .. I don't hear the vocals.. I hear them just like this midi sound.. not the RSE sound.. I tried just about everything.. Some places I can't .. it's like .. grey..so I can't really click on those... Some of those buttons are the 'INSTRUMENTS' and the 'RSE' buttons =/ .. I dont know why that is.. Does anyone?

Sorry to ask another question... but I am kinda desperate.. :(