craigjh

master guitar

I've lost count of how many times I'd pick up the guitar, start learning again and then stop for many different reasons. Mostly, I just finally faced the fact that in my profession (doctor) my hours are just too long, unpredictable and irregular. Since I'm pretty much a task oriented person and do best if follow a-b-c in a structured way, I took a chance and figured, that a full disk based 'course' would give me both the consistency and freedom to follow it from start to end at my own pace. Yes, its expensive and you owe it to yourself to see it through, but so far I can tell you it is definitely not a scam, appears professionally done, and at least for me, has been a smart buy. Good luck.

Steve

dont fall for those, theres are so many web sites and books that are like "learn the guitar and feel like those in 30 min" or "master the guitar in 7 days" and stuff like that... Basically to master the guitar, all you need to do is learn songs, but scales can help. If you want to learn something, find it on the internet and if that doesn't work, get a book about the particular thing you want to know, not a whole set about everything. And im almost positive the lessons are pretty bad.:winkthumb:

Wow Steve, you just started playing this week, found this web site, bought the course material in question here, and are already giving advice about how it's a been a smart buy. That's amazing!

Wow Steve, you just started playing this week, found this web site, bought the course material in question here, and are already giving advice about how it's a been a smart buy. That's amazing!

Steve's been registered here since July.

sj16, yep you're right, my mistake. I just saw the "1" post.:oop::escape:

Cool fly, I think I know what you were trying to suggest but I'd say Steve's comment is genuine.

That site ranks it pretty high inspite of the price. In fact, they call it the best out there.

I just went through that site again. I may pick up a singing course or two. Thanks, very hlpfull site.

Hey fly,

All I was trying to do was answer someone's question. What I was trying to get across was that I've had an off again/on again run at guitar for a couple of years but was never able to sustain any consistency and my attempts at self- teaching were very fragmented. Sure, the dvd's aren't perfect..I don't suspect anything short of one on one teaching is optimal.

ps- I've always stayed mostly away from bulletin boards because the anonymity of it

allows some people to be particularly nasty, and there are an awful lot of them. Chill out.

I just went through that site again. I may pick up a singing course or two. Thanks, very hlpfull sight.

no problem mate,thanks for taking the time to check it out :)

"ps- I've always stayed mostly away from bulletin boards because the anonymity of it

allows some people to be particularly nasty, and there are an awful lot of them. Chill out."

Point taken, I apologize. Please post something in the members recording section so we can get a feel for the directions that the course material took you.

I'm in the same position of trying to stick with it and find focus. I tend to make a well intentioned start with instructional material and then fall back into my old ways.