allthumbs

really good chord finder.

allthumbs    8

I will put this here till we get a section for music software links. This is the most complete chord finder on the net that I have found. For those looking for alternate chord positions or just wanting to know what intervals are in the chord their playing. This is a good place to look.

http://www.looknohands.com/chordhouse/guitar/index_rb.html

chord house ::: guitar room (advanced) -- online guitar chords and scales

drabbag    0
I recently tried this one and liked it:

http://www.chordbook.com/

It took a moment to load into my browser (Firefox), but it was worth it to me.

Awesome find! That is the best one so far.

I was playing around with the Capo feature and it seems that when you put it on the 10th fret its actually on the 9th, does anyone else see the same thing?

Also are you able to download this to your computer?

Alfcarguy    0

It has something with chords it shows you how to play the chords it strum's the chord and than has diagrams of the chords and its off spring. Guitar Pro just rocks!!!

Alfcarguy    0

What I see of the chord finder on Guitar Pro looks like there there, you got you Major, Minor. I mean name its there. Augment, Dim, it even has this Chord C13+/5+/9+. I am seeing chords people. LOL Your going to love Pro 5 Jean. If I had this at your age, I would be giving Steve Vai some guitar know how,JK. If you don't know about Steve Vai he was taught by one of the best guitarist, well alot of people were taught by him. But thats life live and learn, live and learn. :D

allthumbs    8
What are GP4 and 5? Is That Guitar Pro? What can it do?

Yes it is. The best thing is to google for it and read the intros. It does too much stuff to mention them all.

Smurf42    0

I like this one called Nut Chord. Since I started working on my Fingerstyle playing I have found this to be a quick way to get info on chords in open and alternate tunings....and it's free!

papadog65    0

I clicked on the 'Nut Chord' link posted by Smurf42. I was disappointed to see that it's Windows-centric. Oh, well, maybe next year I'll have a new iMac.

papadog65    0

Aw, that's okay, Smurf. It's just that I was pretty interested in seeing something about improv and finger-style, as I've been trying to get a feel for that lately. I'll just keep an eye out.