• M*A*S*H
    • Tears In Heaven
    • New Waltz Finger Style
    • Jazzy Finger Style
    • Yesterday
    • Carolina On My Mind
    • Moondance

Jason    0

I hope you all have some fun with this one...

I have listed my top 20 favorite lessons. Vote for one if you agree or post your own if your choice doesnt match any of mine :)

I had a difficult time choosing only 20. Kirk has given us so many great lessons...I have learned and enjoyed them all.

I have not picked my all time favorite yet...that is going to be tough.

That's right, you have to pick ONE only.

Happy voting :-)

Jason

Dan Carey    0
I can't pick one. They all have something to offer.I like em all for various reasons.

I picked one only because I couldn't pick more. "Summertime" is also one of my favorites.

It's open to a LOT of interpretation above what Kirk shows us.

Dan

toxicity    0

Well I haven't heard them all, but I love Mash, tears in heaven, Here there... and the blues stuff is great. Gee what am I talking about they are all superb.

Great work Kirk!!!

Jason    0
I can't pick one. They all have something to offer.I like em all for various reasons.

So true allthumbs

I have become so attached to all of Kirks lessons I still have not voted....it's like trying to pick your favorite child...lol

I love them all and I dont want diminish the others by chosing 1 above the rest.

Also, the flavours and styles of each lesson are so very different it becomes an apple vs oranges type question I have asked.

The outcome of the poll will not tell us anything about the lessons....I think we all agree every lesson is brilliant in it's own way.

The reason I created it was to learn about the members....that is also why I kept it public :-)

ethic    0

Moondance is my favorite to play, but I really got a lot

from the "The Related Chords" and "9th Chords Demystified"

lessons. I've always had a hard time with theory, and

those two lessons just do a great job explaining things.

Jason    0

Cool pick ethic.

I was very torn making my pick and it came down to moondance and blackwood stroll.

The thing I liked most about moondance is the way it so easily lends it's self to different feels. Once I had Kirks lesson commited to memory the tune chose it's own path and feel....sort of a jazzy feel. I love playing it!

Other lessons that had similar effect for me were Summertime and Drop D pickin.

Joke    0

For me its Mash, since I heard it the first time, years ago , I wanted to play it, tried and tried and never got it. Now I finally have a chance. I will need a long time to play it like Kirk but I wont give up. I just love this site

Definetly, Ragtime Pickin'

that's what hooked me into this network of KL guitar sites and forums. I didn't even know what Alice's Rest. is before that.... it's been a great ride since then. I was searching for a while to find some real help for fingerpickin'.

Schermerberger

Joke    0

I have seen it in the beginnings. Imust have been 1972 or so. Since then I looked it lots of times and are almost able to syncronize them. When my son turned 14. I told him he had to watch this show. It took him 2 episodes and he whas hooked. He is twenty now and still looking.

I think there is no show that teaches you the crazyness of war like mash. I also believed always that it teached people to think.

To not accept everything being told as the holy thruth but to ask and build an own opinien. And it is fun. No one better then hawkeye. So if you ever have the opportunity. Watch it. Greetings Joke

Darcy    0

I wanted to vote for "here comes the sun" but it was not listed as that is my all time fav on Kirks site and one of the main reasons I went out a bought a Martin (to have a decent acoustic to do the song justice)

In the end went for "summertime" as my housemate plays it non stop.

dakster    0

Mash for me, just love it!

when i first came here, that was the one that stood out for me, thought it would be well beyond me, but am determined to learn it. First part is memorised and can play slowly, second part is getting memorised, then i just need to speed it up and get the timing of the notes a bit better, that could be a fair bit off i'll just need to see how i go.

Tbh im proud of myself that im now getting this far, with what i would call an advanced piece (for me anyway) im modest i know, lol.

Big thank you to Kirk for the arrangement, video's tab and midi files, without these i would not be nowhere near i am, thanks again Kirk :thumbup1: :thumbup1: