marinoFret

Kristal - How to record while using LiveIn plug-in?

I just tried it myself and I don't think it's possible unfortunately.

If you only have one track set to LiveIN, then the entire project window vanishes. You can get the project window back by setting any other input to "waver". But the problem is that the first channel being used for the live monitoring is not the same channel in the project window.... You can tell by clicking on the sound card input setting for the first track (where it says "not recording"). You will see that the input being used by your live monitoring is greyed out and you can't select it in the project window for recording. Therefore the live mode and recording modes can't be used together. :(

That's too bad, if they would come out with an update and fix a few things in Kristal it would be a whole lot more useful. But what can you expect for free? ;)

-tkr

Yeah, I know what you mean. There are big problems in every one of the freebie programs I have used. But it is free so I guess you get what you pay for. :D The freebies are a great way to get your feet wet in the recording process without spending any money, but they all have a lot of limitations and I would never want to work in any of them. ;)

-tkr

I'm 13 years old and don't have a credit card to buy some good software...:crying2:

Most online stores accept money orders or you try asking your parents for an early Christmas present or birthday (....that always worked for me. ;))

What software are you using for recording?

I use Magix Samplitude, but it is spendy ($999). But there are plenty of inexpensive options that are very good.

I've heard good things about Magix Music Studio ($80) and it's a lot cheaper. Unfortunately there is no demo version for it, so I haven't used it first hand.... But it is pretty similiar to Samplitude and has some of the same features. Samplitude is one of the best programs available (if not THE best) so Music Studio is likely going to be very good as well.

I've also used the Magix Audio Cleaning Lab demo and it was really good too, so I'm a big fan of Magix software. :winkthumb:

-tkr

The KAE 1.01 will not record using the Live In feature, and us over at the Forum have found out that this versions is basically "as-as", with NO plans for updates or fixes because they ave went Inc. And that's a shame, because I like the ease of use of Kristal....*sigh*

Reaper is a fast moving piece of software at a reasonable price, but in the end I still like my old Cool Edit Pro 2.1. And I just seen some copys of it on eBay (from the same seller I got my 2nd copy from) for $80 + S&H....and if you use Buy It Now, for $100 you also get the manual, 9 loop disks, Acid Pro 4, CD Architect, Soundforge XP, PlayWrite mp3, and Hot Burn. ..I think this is the best DAW deal out there at the moment.....