Stratrat

My guitars

Okay, I finally dug out the digital and snapped a pic to upload. The guitars are (from left to right):

- Fender Standard Strat (HSS)

- Jasmine/Takamine S-35 acoustic (satin finish)

- Avila "Pro I" 12-string (I've had this guitar for over 25 yrs.)

- Unknown brand, well-worn, MIJ Les Paul copy (over 25 yrs. also)

- Squier Telecaster in Butterscotch Blonde

The Strat, Tele and Jasmine are getting all the action right now. The 12-string still has 25-year old strings on it, and is missing one of the g-strings. The LP copy is in serious need of some TLC and repair work (nut replacement, setup, re-stringing, etc.), and I'm not sure that the repair work wouldn't cost more than what the guitar is worth!

2793.attach

The LP copy is in serious need of some TLC and repair work (nut replacement, setup, re-stringing, etc.), and I'm not sure that the repair work wouldn't cost more than what the guitar is worth!

That doesn't sound so serious. Nut replacement on a LP is so easy I even managed it. Re-stringing you can handle, so that just leaves set-up. There are a lot of websites that will help you get "close", enough to where you can get that fiddle back into action!:winkthumb:

That doesn't sound so serious. Nut replacement on a LP is so easy I even managed it. Re-stringing you can handle, so that just leaves set-up. There are a lot of websites that will help you get "close", enough to where you can get that fiddle back into action!:winkthumb:

Thanks, EF - I may use it as my "guinea pig" guitar for learning how to do setup, etc. :) It took the brunt of my adolescent thrashing back in my "garage band" days and is pretty banged-up, so I wouldn't feel nearly as bad about experimenting on it as I would on my brand-new Strat or Tele! I think the input jack needs re-wiring too, so it would be a good 'project guitar' - might even upgrade the pups and some other stuff along the way if it proves to still be playable.

The Jasmine/Tak was kind of a cool deal - I was looking for an inexpensive acoustic that I could take camping, travelling, etc. - I played several of the low-end Fenders, Yamahas, etc. but really liked the way the Jasmine played and sounded, and dug the satin finish. GC was having their Labor Day sale, and as I was standing there noodling with it, the sales guy told me that the guitar cost a penny if you bought 10 sets of strings. Sold!

Stratrat, wasn't there a thread somewhere about your blue one? Wasn't it a partscaster?

Noodler - yep on both counts. The thread is here. It was a great project, and yielded a guitar which I thoroughly enjoy and treasure.

Thanks. That old LP copy is long gone, sold it in a garage sale not long after the original post (which was in 2006!). The collection has expanded greatly since then, I'll have to snap a photo when I get a chance.

Nice guitars, big fan of Takamine but i tend to lean towards Ovation for gigging as i love the rich sound through a big system, saying that tho i use Takamine as a back up