Ballard

How to read fingerstyle tabs?

I've been trying to work on fingerstyle lately, and have come to the realization that I have no clue how to read fingerstyle tabs. I tried playing them like regular tabs, but that just didn't work.

I was wondering if someone could put together a basic guide to reading the tabs, or just explain it to me on AIM. Just PM me your AIM if that's more convenient for you, and I'll shoot you a message. I'll be on pretty late tonight.

Oh, here's an example of what I've been trying to play.

That's pretty straight-forward arpeggios that you could play fingerstyle or with a pick. I'm not sure where you're having a problem reading it. It starts with the F# and B on the fourth fret played at the same time, then the Bminor chord played as an arpeggio.

I guess I haven't been playing long enough to understand what you just said. Unless you can elaborate on that, I guess I'll have to come back to this later.

Needs a bit of standard notation so they at least learn the names of the notes and see how they look on the staff!:whip: Some of us :wheelchai think tab is the devils playtoy!

Yes, if you play tabs backwards there are hidden messages.:claping: