mikespe

My "Family"

mikespe    0

Well I probably should have introduced myself in the other forum first. I found Kirk's site atthe GuitarNoise Forum and I have been checking out his lessons for a few months. I have only been playing for almost 5 months now and thanks to Kirk I can play the intro to Stairway to Heaven! :)

Anyway here is some of my gear:

• Agile Les Paul Al-2000
  • Squier Strat
  • Fender San Luis Rey Acoustic
  • Behringer V-Amp 2
  • Behringer Strat
  • Behringer V-Tone 108 15 watt amp
  • Roland MicroCube

Also, I have the Behringer GMX210 Amp that should arrive this week sometime.

I have a small site I use mainly as a blog for my practices: Mike's Guitar Gallery but I alos have some guitar wallpapers some of which I made myself.

Anyway, Great site Kirk and I like the modifications you just made to it! Plus, THANK YOU for all your lessons!!

232.attach

233.attach

234.attach

235.attach

Jean    0

Wow! you've got some nice guitars! I really like the San Luis Rey, I've been learning for about three months now, I can play the James Taylor picking and also the part one of Tears in Heaven, and Summer Send up to stage 7, as I can't seem to manage that Bm7 chord, I plan on trying to learn the ragtime picking on the 7th fret... anyway welcome to Kirks forum!

mikespe    0
Do you use an amp on the acoustic?

A couple of times I plugged it into my V-Amp using a Dean Markley Pro Grand pickup just to fool around with it. Otherwise I play it unplugged. I would liek to get the Behringer ACX 1000 acoustic amp (as you cam tell I am a fan of the Behringer line!)....

My "dream" electric amp is the Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue.

mikespe    0
Hi mikespe. Looks like you can get a lot of good tones from your family.

Yea but the funny thing is I tend to stick with maybe 2-3 tones. However I would never have known what tone I wanted if it wasn't for the V-Amp.

I almost forgot I also have the Line 6 GuitarPort that someone gave me...I use that for recording.

Kirk Lorange    128

Nice looking gear you have there Mike.

I had a look at your PE site, it's quite something ... you're obviously put a lot of work into it.

Glad you're enjoying the lessons and the new site ... Clancy is responsible for the changes. I'm one lucky guy, lemme tellya. Are you going to add a link to us in your guitar site? We'd be much obliged.

mikespe    0
Nice looking gear you have there Mike.

I had a look at your PE site, it's quite something ... you're obviously put a lot of work into it.

Glad you're enjoying the lessons and the new site ... Clancy is responsible for the changes. I'm one lucky guy, lemme tellya. Are you going to add a link to us in your guitar site? We'd be much obliged.

Yes I will...I haven't added any links in a while...it's just sort of a blog right now. I haven't figured out what direction I want to go in with that site...

As for my PE site...I started that in grad school (about 6 years ago) as a static HTML page...I switched over to the database sytem (ie. phpBB) and eventually a modified version of phpBB (IntegraMOD)...

I wish my members participated as much as the members here and GuitarNoise (almost 280!)! I guess teachers are difficult to motivate!

I'll add your site when I get home this evening!

mikespe    0

OK...one more picture..that's it I promise! :cool::rolleyes:

This is the whole family together...I can't believe that after only 5 months of playing I have this much gear! Before you say it...Yes I plan on getting an amp stand for the Behringer GMX210! I wanted it off the floor so as not to annoy the neighbor downstairs!

gear_dec2_2005.jpg

mikespe    0

Hey Missleman...Sorry I just saw your post!! (I haven't seen you on GN lately?)...

Anyway...the '51 is AWESOME sounding and playing. It can get close to a Tele twang, Stat clean and with a bit of distortion humbucker crunch! I am playing it all the time.