6string

Threads in Forum Change?

Geez, I can't get away with anything here. :) Yes I took that off, but I can put it back on again. I don't use it and I thought it might be responsible for the slowing down of the forum... but I haven't noticed a big difference in speed since I changed it.

Want it back 6?

Clancy

okay is it now the the unsubscribed threads are bolded?

I don't think so... I think the bolded threads are threads in which you haven't read the last post... I could be wrong though... it has been known to happen on rare occasions. :D

Clancy

I don't think so... I think the bolded threads are threads in which you haven't read the last post... I could be wrong though... it has been known to happen on rare occasions. :D

Clancy

Your right, I just didn't get that far in my investigation Inspector Clancy ;)

Rainy Day Waltz and Don't Think Twice are unlocked, is it supposed to be that way?

Nope. The threads just hadn't been closed. They are now. Thanks for the heads ups.

I still see the symbol for having posted in a thread, the bold threads are the ones that have new posts in them, if they aren't bolded than you've read em all.

There is a setting that shows a small symbol when you have posted in a thread and there is also a setting that apparently also shows a symbol if you are subscribed to a thread... The default setting is: if you have posted in a thread you are automatically subscribed. This will be the way it is unless you have changed it in your User CP.

I have turned the subscribed threads symbol setting back on... can you see it again 6string... and if so, what does it look like? Is it the same as the "You have posted in this thread symbol"? I'm confused now.

Clancy

ah this - subscribed.gif ok... it's kind of doubling up in a way I guess... unless of course you have changed it so you're not subscribed to every thread you have posted in... or I guess if you subscribe to any threads that you haven't posted in...

I'm happy to leave it on if you like it 6.

Clancy

Not really related to this topic, but Clancy how do you turn off the notifications to my email that a new thread reply has been posted.. is it the Private message notification one?

Clancy - the indicator of which threads you've already posted in is very helpful.....makes it real easy to quickly find the places you'd like to look for replies. :winkthumb:

BTW - did everybody know that if you click the little white triangle to the left of the thread title, it'll take you to the first unread post in the thread instead of you having to scroll all the way through to it? Just thought I'd offer that up. ;)