Ultimate Garage Band

Here's some of my gear

This first shot will be of my recording set up and my Carvin Bolt-T kit (Strat copy), Carvin DC150 custom shop order, and Carvin B4 bass. This pic probably shows the Sansamp PSA1 rack unit and I no longer have that. This is 'Electric Geezerland Studios'.:D

227.attach

My other electric is a Washburn Lyon series 'Fat Strat' I snagged for $50 in a pawn shop! I replaced the stock pickups w/Carvins putting humbuckers in all positions using an M22SD in the bridge and 2 Twinblade pups in the middle and neck. And in this shot you can see my electric gigging amp, a Laney VC30-210. I have a couple of other acoustics, a Seagull S6+ Folk and an Oscar Schmidt OG10CE.

230.attach

allthumbs    8
My final gear pic will be of my EXCLUSIVE, patent-pending, two-stage vocal 'pop' filter. No plosives w/this baby!;):D

Har. Kind of a punk meets glitter meets redneck vibe. Works for you Glen;) We spruced the forum up pretty nice since you were last here huh.:D

Clancy    36
My final gear pic will be of my EXCLUSIVE, patent-pending, two-stage vocal 'pop' filter. No plosives w/this baby!;):D

LOL... hope you made sure the curtains were closed for that shot... whoa that's a scary sight :eek:

marty    0
My other electric is a Washburn Lyon series 'Fat Strat' I snagged for $50 in a pawn shop! I replaced the stock pickups w/Carvins putting humbuckers in all positions using an M22SD in the bridge and 2 Twinblade pups in the middle and neck.

sounds like you got a real bargan. that is awesome,,, do you do all the work on your guitars yourself too? my uncle fixes guitars so maybe i'll look around for something that needs some work and i can get a good guitar that way also

allthumbs    8

Your golden if you have a guitar teck in the family. It means you can buy a cheapy and upgrade to a very nice guitar. A real big thing at Harmony Central ids buying agile les pauls and upgrading them, They rave about how close you can get to the tone of a gibbson lp after the upgrades. They are kindof fanatics about it to the point of it becoming a joke. "agiles play 75% as well as a lp and are ten times cheaper" is their war cry.lol

yeah, I did the pickup swaps and I built that Carvin Bolt-T kit. I had to swap pots on the Washburn Lyon too, and I added that little mini toggle switch. It's an 'on/off' switch and what it does is when it's 'on' it'll add the bridge pickup to the 4th and 5th positions of the stock 5 way selector giving me 7 pickup combinations. If I want them. It turns position 5 into bridge and neck and position 4 into all three pickups on.

Strat style guitars really lend themselves to learning how to do stuff on a guitar. They are, by far, the easiest to work on. A tremelo bridge can throw some curves at you but typically one can pick up parts and cobble a decent guitar w/o too much trouble.

mikespe    0
Your golden if you have a guitar teck in the family. It means you can buy a cheapy and upgrade to a very nice guitar. A real big thing at Harmony Central ids buying agile les pauls and upgrading them, They rave about how close you can get to the tone of a gibbson lp after the upgrades. They are kindof fanatics about it to the point of it becoming a joke. "agiles play 75% as well as a lp and are ten times cheaper" is their war cry.lol

I have an Agile AL-2000 Les Paul and I wouldn't switch ANYTHING on it (see the "My Family" thread in the Gear forum)...It plays SWEET! I might get the black AL-2000 with the p90's...at $159 they are a STEAL!

allthumbs    8

Ya,that AL-2000 with the P90s is sweet. I am with you. I listen to guitars with my ears,not my eyes. I don't care what the label says, tone is everything and I think agile lps come very close to the gibbons.